No love with kickoff times for the Hawks.

For those of you who love 11am games, you probably do not tailgate or attend the games. 11am games are fine a few times a year. I would like to see an even split, 3 11am games, 3 2:30 and 1 night game. 11am games do not provide enough time to tailgate. And I usually get to my tailgating spot between 5-6am. Football was not meant to be played in the morning. Thankfully we should start seeing more 2:30 kick offs. For the games in late October and November, 11am games make more sense, because it gets dark by the end of 2:30 games. But the September games especially it would be nice to have later starts so you can enjoy the warm weather and tailgate longer.

I am an out-of-state season ticket holder with a 3-hour drive to Iowa City and I love 11:00 a.m. kickoffs. Yes, I have to leave early, before dawn, but its a beautiful drive as I get to see the sunrise. I get to tailgate, watch the game, listen the 2:30 games on satellite radio on the drive home and get home in time to see my wife and to watch the prime time games.

This is dumb. All you people complaining about how early you have to get up, to get to Kinnick and then get ready to play, oh I mean watch. As was said before have them at sunrise.

I like the 11AM cause that makes kick off time 9AM here in Arizona. I can wake up and watch kick off in my PJ's with a cup of coffee and toast. No better way to start a Saturday than with a Hawkeye Win.

11:00 Am is great....unless you go to the Sand Bar to watch games.......get there before 7:00 or you are not getting a seat!

Latest posts