No CJ no Pimsel tonight this could be a disaster

Much better ball movement in second half.

Plus, active Garza forced some Syracuse foul trouble.

Boeheim is a legend, a hall of famer all the way, but he is a fossil

His teams used to be flat out scary. Athletes all over the place combined with his quirky defense. Always a tricky tournament team even though they often had short benches. Not so much anymore.

But hey I'll still take the comfy win. On to Michigan.

And 5:30 Friday night game? Happy Hour basketball I guess.

I said early in the game Jbo needs to just keep shooting. He started 0-6 but I want him pulling from 3 every time he’s open. Plus we didn’t have a whole lot of other options. He made 5 of his last 8 I think and we pulled away.

Toussaint had a couple nice steals and nice passes. Bakari hit a three and played some good defense.

Wieskamp had a nice night. Defended their best player and provided scoring pop for us.

McCaffery was solid. High IQ.

Garza just continues to dominate games.

Iowa is definitely starting this season strong, and building a nice NCAA tournament resume. They already beat 2 NCAA tournament teams by double figures.

Excellent defense in the second half. They come far since DePaul. Need to keep it going. Half full approach to the injuries - Fran has shortened the line up like a lot folks wanted to see

His teams used to be flat out scary. Athletes all over the place combined with his quirky defense. Always a tricky tournament team even though they often had short benches. Not so much anymore.

But hey I'll still take the comfy win. On to Michigan.

And 5:30 Friday night game? Happy Hour basketball I guess.
Didn't we have a 5:30 Friday night game vs Michigan in Carver last year?

Boeheim's teams, and Boeheim's career himself, used to closely resemble Lute Olsen's.

Both had one national title mixed in with legendary deep runs, final four runs, and spectacular first round flameouts.

Both have legit hall of fame careers.

Boeheim probably should have hung it up five years ago.

Connor sure is impressing me lately. He's so strong it helps his game with rebounding and fighting into the lane for a short shot that he's been hitting as of late. He's just an all around baller.

On TOS they are saying CJF is out 2-3 weeks. That would be awful. No clue if true.

Damn. Too bad it wasn't a week later. We really need to beat Minnesota, then get at least one of ISU and Cincinnati. Win all 3 of those and we will be on a good path to the tournament.

Damn. Too bad it wasn't a week later. We really need to beat Minnesota, then get at least one of ISU and Cincinnati. Win all 3 of those and we will be on a good path to the tournament.
Totally agree. Let’s hope that’s just a rumor. They said it happened at the end of SDSU. I don’t recall. Quad injuries could be a little tricky though.

Didn't we have a 5:30 Friday night game vs Michigan in Carver last year?

Boeheim's teams, and Boeheim's career himself, used to closely resemble Lute Olsen's.

Both had one national title mixed in with legendary deep runs, final four runs, and spectacular first round flameouts.

Both have legit hall of fame careers.

Boeheim probably should have hung it up five years ago.

Never thought of this but yeah their careers are remarkably similar.

Interesting that Lute has been at Iowa multiple times post retirement and always has great things to say. I believe he once called it a special place. Wish he would have stayed. I never got to see one of his Iowa teams.

this team seems so different than the last few years;
They don't have that one "star" that needs the ball every play
they seem to play more as a team moving the ball much better.
Also much grittier on defense.
They will not be a fun team for our foes to have to play against

Latest posts