Nick Brooks is gone already

Hawkfnntn

He didn't drag it out as long as Proctor did anyway... I didn't have a good feeling about him either. Can't blame him the Oline has been total shit the last couple yrs. I'm more surprised he committed to begin with then this. Just think Iowa coulda had both of those dudes for a yr or so at the same time but now they won't have either. Go figure...

I hope the door doesn't hit him in the ass on the way out. Didn't need him and frankly I didn't even want him.
To each their own opinion but I'm pretty sure Hawks gave him reason to change mind. Not going to hate him on that. Pretty sure it was a situational decision. Maybe some people have higher expectations for themselves.

$$$, and Iowa is on the menu, but they’ll eat again in the portal, not that worried now that there is essentially free agency.

Also, what do you expect? You guys wanted Brian gone, now they’re dealing with that decision. There’s uncertainty at OC and because of the power move our AD did to our HC, this is what ya get. Also, BF is known to be a good Oline coach, im sure it has at least something to do with it. Ya reap what ya sow Hawks

Bad spot to be in

That’s a bummer. Finding these enormous dudes that you can plug in from day one are hard to find. And you have your hands on two of them and don’t get any…kinda sucks.

Also, what do you expect? You guys wanted Brian gone, now they’re dealing with that decision. There’s uncertainty at OC and because of the power move our AD did to our HC, this is what ya get. Also, BF is known to be a good Oline coach, im sure it has at least something to do with it. Ya reap what ya sow Hawks

Bad spot to be in
Do you honestly believe the reason he decommitted was because he would not have the opportunity to play for Brian Ferentz?

That’s a bummer. Finding these enormous dudes that you can plug in from day one are hard to find. And you have your hands on two of them and don’t get any…kinda sucks.

Good riddance

Both would have been in the portal

Immediately, if not sooner

Both kinda attention holes

Good riddance

Both would have been in the portal

Immediately, if not sooner

Both kinda attention holes

The sport of football isn’t developing and/or producing O-linemen like the way they did in the past. So if you can get one of these massive bodies, that you can basically plug and play, you have to do whatever you can to hang on to them.

I would much rather have these dudes than not have them. That’s just me, tho.

Last edited:
Do you honestly believe the reason he decommitted was because he would not have the opportunity to play for Brian Ferentz?
Haha, no I don't, but I do think the uncertainty at OC and now as a direct result of that move, the uncertainty of our 69 year old coach who just got his dick cut off likely played some sort of impact into this. Ya reap what ya sow, I aint worried about it, we have a great staff that is good at identifying talent specifically on both lines of scrimmage. One player changing his mind is not enough to really impact a program as far along as Iowa is.

And word is it’s Texas Tech… lol

He turned down GA, Bama, Florida State and Tennesse…. But Texas Tech is where his heart is
$$$
I'd seen this too it's hilarious. Colorado magically offered him as well now. Surprised they hadn't already. I assume they'll be in the mix for him if the $ is right too. I just wonder about what influence his folks have on his recruitment. Proctors seem like they were pretty hands on with his. I couldn't say about Nicks yet

Latest posts