Nice win

Better than a loss. Check
Beat Wisconsin at something. Check

So those are good.

Downside:

Wisconsin may suck worse than us.
Likely a rare Big Ten win this year. But, the ceiling could go up to 3-5 now instead of 1.

Bucky has more conference wins then Iowa = good win. Hope this is the start of a winning streak. Thought the refs called a fair game tonight. I can't say that about any other home conference games this year.
Go Hawks!

Beating Wisconsin at anything is a great get...

From the minutes I saw...Iowa had a bit of energy...

When is the last time these two teams met with such hideous W/L records?

Season is over, unfortunately...but Iowa could win the conference tournament and make the big dance, and head to the Final Four!!!!

I thought the Hawks moved the ball really well on offense. None of this Bohannon dribbles for 20 seconds stuff. They were creating shots on offense instead of launching wild shots at the end of the shot clock.

Garza has a massive ceiling he just needs minutes and a college offseason. Garza seemed to get motivated when he got moved out of the starting rotation whereas Nunge seems to have disappeared.

No point looking at the record anymore...the team just needs to improve. Tonight was at least a step in that direction.

Better than a loss. Check
Beat Wisconsin at something. Check

So those are good.

Downside:

Wisconsin may suck worse than us.
Likely a rare Big Ten win this year. But, the ceiling could go up to 3-5 now instead of 1.

I'm not gonna predict how many wins are in the future, but we need to be better than Nebraska in football. Cuz if they are better than us in the two revenue sports . . . well let's just say that those posters who hate trolls on Hawkeye boards, have spent the last 12 months trolling Nebraska HARD! Don't wanna think about payback.

Guess Fran found the team some said he had lost. Great effort and fight from a TEAM that was overdue to give one. We may never understand the no effort funk they have been in but good to see they picked themselves up from the mat. Nice game guys , now just continue to bring it!

Gotta feeling Garza is gonna force his will on this team and great things will happen before he is done being a Hawkeye.

Bohannon played 38 minutes. Fran basically used an 8 man rotation with Ellingson/Kriener out and Nunge only playing 2 minutes. Might see more of that moving forward.

Both Iowa Basketball teams have had good wins against the bad-gers this year. Iowa athletics have the leg up on them.

We matchup well with teams who don’t have athletic black guys I will say that. Drake, Wisconsin, etc.. Easy wins. Nebraska will get open looks at will because we can’t stop dribble penetration. If our effort is equal to what it was tonight we might keep it close. Otherwise throw in the refs on a road game and we are looking at a very brief winning streak.

The effort and desire to win was there tonight, bigger question is will they pat themselves on the back after stopping the bleeding just for a moment, or will they stay hungry?

Latest posts