Next ISU basketball coach

Cyclwn Fanatic says Hornacek turned down an interview request. Hornaceks agent says not true.

HAHAHA.....sounds like Pollard is making it sound like he reached out to Hornacek, and I love the the agent called BS if it wasn't true.

As I said, the deal is already done, Pollard brought in TJ to replace Hoiberg, but it is gonna pizzzzzzz off the fan base, this is gonna be good, good stuff to watch.

probably just Chris Williams stirring the pot so he gets more page views

This totally smells like Jamie Pollard. He reaches out to Hornacek inappropriately so he has no choice to tell him, well I can't talk to you like this. Then Pollard goes out and leaks (through the useful idiot Chrissy Williams) that Hornacek isn't interested in the job.

This is all about placating the delusional fan base that thought that Hornacek should/was gonna be the next ISU coach. He will continue to knock other "prospective coaches" off the list, until just TJ remains.

This totally smells like Jamie Pollard. He reaches out to Hornacek inappropriately so he has no choice to tell him, well I can't talk to you like this. Then Pollard goes out and leaks (through the useful idiot Chrissy Williams) that Hornacek isn't interested in the job.

This is all about placating the delusional fan base that thought that Hornacek should/was gonna be the next ISU coach. He will continue to knock other "prospective coaches" off the list, until just TJ remains.

I think they should hire Royce White.

TJ has been around on losing staffs, wayyyyy more than he has been apart of winning staffs, as McDermott and Washington were wastelands. You can try to pretend that TJ is pulling players as an assistant coach all by his self if you want, but I don't see any Washington players following him to LAmes IA.

My guess is this is gonna be a terrible hire for ISU. I say that because there is nothing to judge TJ on. Being an assistant coach and recruiting kids ISN'T the same as being the head guy. Can he even hire good assistants? Can he head a program? If he an offensive or defensive coach? Can he mingle with donors and run the club circuits? Can he handle the media? Does he know how to lead young men? Way too many questions that have no answers, because he has never been a head coach at the college level.

This is hoiberg Deja vu. Of course I wouldn't expect him to have that level of success (he won't) but let's not make coaching out to be rocket science. Hoiberg, Steve Kerr, etc are examples of that.

The media already likes him. He's already has been running the club circuits, and not just this summer.

ISU fans will only be ****** if the next coach has success next season. If next season underwhelms, whoever they hire will be totally screwed. For the record is prefer TJ to anybody currently being bandied about.

This is hoiberg Deja vu. Of course I wouldn't expect him to have that level of success (he won't) but let's not make coaching out to be rocket science. Hoiberg, Steve Kerr, etc are examples of that.

The media already likes him. He's already has been running the club circuits, and not just this summer.

ISU fans will only be ****** if the next coach has success next season. If next season underwhelms, whoever they hire will be totally screwed. For the record is prefer TJ to anybody currently being bandied about.

Wow, I didn't know that TJ was a long time NBA player. I mean I thought TJ has spent the last 15 years chasing HS kids around the country, I didn't know he was actually an elite athlete playing in the NBA the whole time like Kerr and Hoiberg. I mean there isn't any STRETCH to your comparisons at all. :rolleyes:

Apples and oranges, and I think you know it. TJ should be at a mid major proving himself like the other ISU "candidates". Pollard has had 1 huge home run coaching hire, and the rest were utter disasters.....this is just gonna be another disaster. At some point you ISU fan will pull back the curtain on OZ (Pollard, not TJ) and see him for what he is.......until then, I'm gonna enjoy watching him bring in yet another failure of a Head coach.

Wow, I didn't know that TJ was a long time NBA player. I mean I thought TJ has spent the last 15 years chasing HS kids around the country, I didn't know he was actually an elite athlete playing in the NBA the whole time like Kerr and Hoiberg. I mean there isn't any STRETCH to your comparisons at all. :rolleyes:

Apples and oranges, and I think you know it. TJ should be at a mid major proving himself like the other ISU "candidates". Pollard has had 1 huge home run coaching hire, and the rest were utter disasters.....this is just gonna be another disaster. At some point you ISU fan will pull back the curtain on OZ (Pollard, not TJ) and see him for what he is.......until then, I'm gonna enjoy watching him bring in yet another failure of a Head coach.

TJ also apparently spent several years learning from Phil Jackson and Popovich and was a successful NBA GM prior, him and Kerr are totes similar.

Chris Williams is a giant vagina. He acts like constructive dialogue is welcome on his site, but the second you question his decision making or his articles then he or Jeremy will drop the banhammer. You can say what you want about anyone else and they don't care. The second you question their credibility you gone. Even if you do so in a respectful manner. I've said it before I'll say it again... CyFan = North Korea and Chris is Kim Jong Un.

maybe you know this, maybe it is in this thread somewhere - but hornacek's agent supposedly posted on clownfan - saying that hornacek was inappropriately contacted by folly.

when you think you've heard and seen it all out of clown fan, you read something like this. check kerr's resume, check hoiberger's resume and then check taco john's resume and check back with the thread. i'll just stop with that.

when you think you've heard and seen it all out of clown fan, you read something like this. check kerr's resume, check hoiberger's resume and then check taco john's resume and check back with the thread. i'll just stop with that.

Some like Bryce think that anyone can be a head coach. The Clown fans have said universally that ANY COACH can take this team to the Final 4. How quickly ISU fans forget the McDermott, and Wayne Morgan's of the world....

Some like Bryce think that anyone can be a head coach. The Clown fans have said universally that ANY COACH can take this team to the Final 4. How quickly ISU fans forget the McDermott, and Wayne Morgan's of the world....

That's funny, considering Fred couldn't take them past the first round a few months ago.

It's sort of funny because some ISU fans that work in my area truly think ISU has become this elite basketball program now in just 3 seasons. ISU is still small potatoes among Power 5 schools. Yes, they have had a nice run but ISU will be back to normalcy in a couple of years.

It's sort of funny because some ISU fans that work in my area truly think ISU has become this elite basketball program now in just 3 seasons. ISU is still small potatoes among Power 5 schools. Yes, they have had a nice run but ISU will be back to normalcy in a couple of years.

here is the deal - what has fred done? no conference championships, 1 time to sweet 16. in a time when the big 12 has been pretty weak sauce. i'm not taking anything away from him - yes, getting a sweet 16 appearance in 5 years is one more than iowa has gotten, but nothing to elevate his status to governor.

final 4/championship next year? wow, delusion - there you are.

Chris Williams is a giant vagina. He acts like constructive dialogue is welcome on his site, but the second you question his decision making or his articles then he or Jeremy will drop the banhammer. You can say what you want about anyone else and they don't care. The second you question their credibility you gone. Even if you do so in a respectful manner. I've said it before I'll say it again... CyFan = North Korea and Chris is Kim Jong Un.
I like your comparison of cyfan/ Chris Williams to North Korea/ Kim Jong Un only Mrs. Williams is far less successful. This d-bag has a rivalry forum where the only opinons you can post is pro clowns. Anything even remotely negative brings out a gang mentality on cyfan and then you get banned. Their insecurity is legendary. I guess when you've sucked since the beginning of time it builds insecurity. At least for football this rings true.

There are many examples of assistants being promoted with no head coaching experience and having success. There are many examples of them failing.

There are many examples of mid major coaches having success. There are many examples of them failing.

Nothing makes me think any of the current head mid major coaches being bandied about for the ISU job have any big advantage over Otz. It's a coin flip with any of these guys.