Next Iowa Coach?

Interesting thread. I understand people being upset Fran got himself suspended 2 games.

But I noticed something the last 2 games. This team sucks without Fran on the sideline during a game. I realize many like to complain about every last thing he does during a game. But for as bad of a game coach as he is we sure look better when he’s the guy coaching the game IMO.

Personally hope next year is even better with what he have coming in, and we officially “turn the corner” as a program at perennially win 20 games moving forward. Tom Davis-type success. That’s my hope cuz I love Fran!

Interesting thread. I understand people being upset Fran got himself suspended 2 games.

But I noticed something the last 2 games. This team sucks without Fran on the sideline during a game. I realize many like to complain about every last thing he does during a game. But for as bad of a game coach as he is we sure look better when he’s the guy coaching the game IMO.
This is true. Small sample size but true. Maybe we need his fire out there to ignite us!

Personally hope next year is even better with what he have coming in, and we officially “turn the corner” as a program at perennially win 20 games moving forward. Tom Davis-type success. That’s my hope cuz I love Fran!
And you and those like you are the problem. The guy chases a ref down, calls him every vile name in the book and he embarrasses the University (again). His teams fade every year and play with no heart. And yet sycophants like you support him. Every fan base in the country makes the same argument about "next year's team". Fran has had his chance, he is an embarrassment to the University of Iowa and a bad coach. Next

This is true. Small sample size but true. Maybe we need his fire out there to ignite us!
I’m hoping for a Sweet 16...lots of experience and upper classmen plus some key new pieces. There are a lot Big 10 teams that are young and will be good next year. So we will be battle tested again and should have no problem having a high NET ranking.

Do your homework on that McJunkins before commenting....that POS is a fricken glory, power trippin dude like Eddie and Teddy Valentine. No racial profiling but certainly the shoe fits....

And you and those like you are the problem. The guy chases a ref down, calls him every vile name in the book and he embarrasses the University (again). His teams fade every year and play with no heart. And yet sycophants like you support him. Every fan base in the country makes the same argument about "next year's team". Fran has had his chance, he is an embarrassment to the University of Iowa and a bad coach. Next

In all honesty tho people need to give this dream up. Fran is signed through 2023. Patrick will be a senior in the 2022-23 season.

Fran will make the tournament this year...guaranteed. That will buy him a couple more years in Barta's eyes. By then they will just wait it out and assume Fran will retire after Patricks senior year when Fran is in his mid-60s
Why should his kids have any relevance in the decision to keep him or not

20 wins is the most overrated stat in college basketball. Who you beat is what matters. Give me b10 titles and sweet 16 runs. This coach hasn’t come close to either

Why should his kids have any relevance in the decision to keep him or not

Um...because frans likely to retire after they're gone? He will be in his mid 60s. Unless he wants to coach their youngest son too, but his contract will be running out by then

Somebody's paying attention to the negativity...

cherry-picking.jpg

Yeah, because he’s recruited to this level for years and has many years’ of experience as a head coach

He was Creighton's top assistant for 12 years and spent alot of that time recruiting in the Big East. I'd say he's recruited Big Ten level.

Again, I really would like to see what Fran could do with quality assistants. I do not see what these guys bring. Sherm is a snappy dresser with his bow tie I guess. Maybe a front page photo on GQ!

20 wins is the most overrated stat in college basketball. Who you beat is what matters. Give me b10 titles and sweet 16 runs. This coach hasn’t come close to either
Agree.
He is a .500 B10 coach after nine years. No threat at a B10 title. Dismal NCAA record.
I am surprised how many on this board are OK with this performance.

Um...because frans likely to retire after they're gone? He will be in his mid 60s. Unless he wants to coach their youngest son too, but his contract will be running out by then

you're a funny man

giphy.gif

Latest posts