Next Iowa Coach?

20 wins is the most overrated stat in college basketball. Who you beat is what matters. Give me b10 titles and sweet 16 runs. This coach hasn’t come close to either
Disagree a bit. With the 22 (the average number of games each team will play, including tourney)BIG (deepest conf in universe)games, alliances like ACC challenge, Gavitt games, ISU, plus neutral site tourneys, I think 20 wins NOWADAYS IS no small feat. Sure would love Sweet 16s and BIG titles, BUT that’s gonna take an A-list recruiting coach. And those guys ain’t coming to Iowa. Only guys like Lick

He caused a scene a JustAGame in the Dells when he was asked to run the scoreboard. It's standard at most youth and some AAU tournaments for a parent from one team to run the book and one from the other team to run the scoreboard. He pretended to not know how to run it, got pissed, and stalked off. Over running a scoreboard. The story has become the stuff of legend in the state of Wisconsin.
Lol. I heard and witnessed mom and pop with youth refs. Embarrassing doesn’t even begin to describe it

You want to compare AAU to Division 1 officiating?
Wow. Listen up and listen good..if you don't think officials arent on the lamb...you are as ignorant as you look.
You are in over your head in this thread. It’s obvious that you are missing the arc

Lol. I heard and witnessed mom and pop with youth refs. Embarrassing doesn’t even begin to describe it
The refs need to address that with the coach immediately. Before it becomes a major issue. They can do it as they're running up and down the floor. If it continues the coach has every right to bounce the parent(s) out the gym for the rest the day.

Disagree a bit. With the 22 (the average number of games each team will play, including tourney)BIG (deepest conf in universe)games, alliances like ACC challenge, Gavitt games, ISU, plus neutral site tourneys, I think 20 wins NOWADAYS IS no small feat. Sure would love Sweet 16s and BIG titles, BUT that’s gonna take an A-list recruiting coach. And those guys ain’t coming to Iowa. Only guys like Lick
Do you even read what you are posting? Slow down and comprehend. 20 wins only matter if you actually beat someone. We’ve beaten no one. Zero. Zip. So 20 is irrelevant as we lined up a bunch of tomato cans like ferentz does. The committee actually holds you accountable now. They actually review who you’ve played and beaten. The resume this yr sucks like it does in most yrs. and the look of it late is even worse

The refs need to address that with the coach immediately. Before it becomes a major issue. They can do it as they're running up and down the floor. If it continues the coach has every right to bounce the parent(s) out the gym for the rest the day.
Youth refs aren’t going to that. Give me a break. You have zero clue. I take it you have no kids and haven’t been through this. You really believe the AAU coach was going to ask red face or momma red face to pipe down? Lol

Give Dean Oliver 4-5 years at Wisconsin as an assistant then bring him in

Too long. A HC job is on the horizon for Mr Oliver. Wisconsin is a short stop. Then on to take over a mid major. Let's see how that goes for a year or two.

Programs that really care about winning- this is what you do. You don’t settle, think you can’t do any better or wait until the contract expires. You make the move and demand excellence. We already have one major program on cruise control and this one is less than that.

So, please tell us about all the winning programs you have led....

Do you even read what you are posting? Slow down and comprehend. 20 wins only matter if you actually beat someone. We’ve beaten no one. Zero. Zip. So 20 is irrelevant as we lined up a bunch of tomato cans like ferentz does. The committee actually holds you accountable now. They actually review who you’ve played and beaten. The resume this yr sucks like it does in most yrs. and the look of it late is even worse

Huh? We've beaten "no one"? Get a clue.

Huh? We've beaten "no one"? Get a clue.
Yeah. That’s what I said. No one. The clowns had their two best players out so don’t bring that one up. The national pundits are already poking the lack of quality wins and horrible schedule. Funny, it’s the same goofs propping up northern illinois as a quality win in football and the same goofs talk about how great “tomato can u” was in December for fran. My fellow Iowa fans are some of the weakest kool aid slurpers in history and Barta, ferentz and other hangers on thank you dearly

Interesting thread. I understand people being upset Fran got himself suspended 2 games.

But I noticed something the last 2 games. This team sucks without Fran on the sideline during a game. I realize many like to complain about every last thing he does during a game. But for as bad of a game coach as he is we sure look better when he’s the guy coaching the game IMO.
If Fran has managed to turn the league's ref's against us his being on the court will make no difference. The referee he got suspended for was "replaced" for the Badger game. I bet that didn't go over very well with his fellow officials.

Hey I had to run the scoreboard once for a junior high game. Harder than it looks and nobody shows you how to do it. Had some parents pissed at me.

Hey I had to run the scoreboard once for a junior high game. Harder than it looks and nobody shows you how to do it. Had some parents pissed at me.
Especially if your trying to watch the game, it's not easy to keep the scorebook or run the scoreboard.

So unless I’ve led a program to winning, I cannot post criticism on a message board? Ok, shut it down boys. I guess it’s over.

You can scream it from the mountain tops. Without credentials, we just don't want to hear the lectures of "what winning programs do". Your life observations of "winning programs" is no more in depth than anyone on here. Your opinions aren't definitive no matter how much it seems that way to you.

Latest posts