Next Iowa Coach

I didn't read a single post in this thread since the title is clearly addressing a situation that is at least 7 years away. Patrick won't graduate from Iowa until 2023...the same year Fran will turn 64. This conversation might make sense in March of 2022.

You can't say he's locked in for 7 years, though. The U could care less if a coaches kids end up going to said U or not. If McCaffery or any coach goes all Lickliter for a couple years in a row, he gone.

Fran will be here as long as he wants to be here. Unless there is some sort of scandal he's here for the long haul. I hope he can recruit some tough minded kids that can bang in the B1G.

You can't say he's locked in for 7 years, though. The U could care less if a coaches kids end up going to said U or not. If McCaffery or any coach goes all Lickliter for a couple years in a row, he gone.
It took Lickliter going all Lickliter three years before he got canned.

It took Lickliter going all Lickliter three years before he got canned.

I am merely pointing out that once can't presume a university will keep a coach just because the kid(s) might go there. If a team in underperforming, won't matter, they'll shift directions.

What I don't understand is we're heading into the dance, we have had a great year clouded by a couple of weeks of adversity and some of you want Fran gone? Unbelievable. ..it's attitudes like this that makes me wonder if we don't deserve a Lickliter to allow you to remember how sh*try our past has been.

Some of you need to be a fan and quit ********.....

What I don't understand is we're heading into the dance, we have had a great year clouded by a couple of weeks of adversity and some of you want Fran gone? Unbelievable. ..it's attitudes like this that makes me wonder if we don't deserve a Lickliter to allow you to remember how sh*try our past has been.

Some of you need to be a fan and quit ********.....

The Hawks have won twenty-three conference games the last two years. That is the most wins in consecutive seasons since Davis' first two seasons. In his last twelve seasons at Iowa, Davis did not win twenty-three B1G games in back-to-back seasons. I don't like how the season is ending, but the Hawks have had their best consecutive seasons in almost thirty years.

In the last four years, Fran has won forty-one conference games. In seasons three though six, Davis won thirty-three conference games. Even including Davis' first season, the Hawks never won forty-one B1G games in four consecutive seasons under Mr. Davis. I really don't understand all the bitchin'.

The Hawks have won twenty-three conference games the last two years. That is the most wins in consecutive seasons since Davis' first two seasons. In his last twelve seasons at Iowa, Davis did not win twenty-three B1G games in back-to-back seasons. I don't like how the season is ending, but the Hawks have had their best consecutive seasons in almost thirty years.

In the last four years, Fran has won forty-one conference games. In seasons three though six, Davis won thirty-three conference games. Even including Davis' first season, the Hawks never won forty-one B1G games in four consecutive seasons under Mr. Davis. I really don't understand all the bitchin'.

If we lose in the National Championship this year, there will be people on here saying we need a coach who can win when the lights are brightest.

Stop with the "we collapse every year" nonsense. I expect that crap from the national media and fans of other teams, but not here. We won out last six regular-season games last year.

IT IS NOT SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR! STOP IT!
Did you forget the year before last? I'm not saying I want Fran gone, per say, as Fran had no issues with late season slides at Sienna. It may very well be this particular set of players that are responsible for it. I have another theory but it's not worth mentioning because I don't believe it's any 1 thing or any 1 person. It's a combination of things. I'm willing to wait and see what he does with the next 4 years worth of players. But I also understand the frustration that is being shared by others.

his two kids are starring at Iowa City west and will be for 3 more years after this one, in which case they will then be at the University of Iowa.

Once Connor signs on the dotted line this fall, Fran is in it for the long haul unless forced out.

I'm not mad about that either. I care about Iowa basketball again. I care so much that I am completely ****** off about the last few weeks and my night is ruined and I'm going to struggle to get to sleep tonight. Lick never once did that. I won't forget what Fran has done for Iowa basketball.

Silly conversation by people (me included) who couldn't ever do what Fran has done. Honestly, I think it will get better guys.

Wonder if this thread will go until we actually look for a new coach, which will not likely be until at least 2022 or later.

Wonder if this thread will go until we actually look for a new coach, which will not likely be until at least 2022 or later.

I hope you're right. Haven't looked on the site much the last few weeks and then I see stupid threads like this. No matter which major sport, it is a dumb thread. Just blows my mind how some people are.

Fran quits looking like a terrible coach when Uthoff plays like an all american. Good thing all the other coaches that figured us out didn't pass the memo to Michigan.

Just looked at a Michigan site. They have a thread about who should be their next coach..........
Same as it ever was...........

I hope you're right. Haven't looked on the site much the last few weeks and then I see stupid threads like this. No matter which major sport, it is a dumb thread. Just blows my mind how some people are.

What makes me chuckle is that in the 3 months since the iowa state game, we've gone full circle. first Fran had peaked, and we should start looking elsewhere. then we had the great start to conference play and 95% of posters were ready to anoint fran as national coach of the year. then we hit the rough patch and people were ready to move on again.

i hated all the comparisons to the collapse 2 years ago. totally different situations imo. 2 years ago, they simply fell apart, played poor basketball, looked disinterested, and limped into the tourney. this year, we had the bad loss at penn state, where we simply look tired, then hit a rough patch against tough competition at a time when weren't playing well. 2nd half against indiana, tonight vs. michigan, iowa looked alot more like the team that started out 10-1 in conference play.

Now I'm not saying he will be gone after this season but another late season collapse has me believing that Fran may not have what it takes. When the time comes, who are some up and coming young coaches we could bring in here?
Dumb thread... this kind of thinking brought us Alfred and the Link shut it down.

Just looked at a Michigan site. They have a thread about who should be their next coach..........
Same as it ever was...........

Yeah, lose a few games and that'll happen. Thank you Fran McCaffery for rescuing the Iowa basketball program. 42-30 B1G regular season record last four years after the dumpster fire this program was before that says it all.