Newest member to Hawkeye family?

let the guessing begin, 4*or another diamond in the rough nobodies heard of, my guess it is Diamond has he said he announcing after his HS football season is done

I hope this isn't an indication of our other potential recruits (Lohn, etc.). He may be great, but I hope we stock up on D lineman

Looks like he got the offer about 5 days ago and pulled the trigger this quick. Now we have Ott, Johnson, and him on the DL. Hope God tells Lohn to come to Iowa next!

Great another 220 lb DE that won't play until he RS JR year. We need guys like Ekakite or that JUCO that can help immediately.

I am not trying to knock this kid either cause he could be really good in a few years, but we need people that are ready to step in now.

Great another 220 lb DE that won't play until he RS JR year. We need guys like Ekakite or that JUCO that can help immediately.

Singing these guys doesn't mean we aren't looking at juco too.

there are probably fewer than a handful of hs dl who could make an impact as a freshman, and they don't coming to Iowa.

I am not trying to knock this kid either cause he could be really good in a few years, but we need people that are ready to step in now.

I'm sure that the staff is giving it their best effort. It's just that it's hard to find a big D-line recruit that is already up to size when you bring him in and couple that we the fact that we've have some real bad attrition problems along the D-line, and this is what you get.

I, for once, am not as pessimistic about our situation on the D-line as some posters. The guys that we're not losing have a whole off-season to bulk up and add some weight. Let's just hope that Doyle can get them ready.

Last edited:
with Ott at SDE and this kid at WDE both are 220 lb, again with the small players. i will guess that Ekakitie is no an option as he is a DE, and last read he was high on the Hawks, this kid got offered 5 days ago, is the staff going desperation mode on recruits?
and i was half right on my prediction of the recruit a diamond in the rough nobody heard of.
the only thing, i see is he could be a LB,
boy am i tired of bringing in 3-4 year project

Last edited:

Latest posts