Newest member to Hawkeye family?

The scouting report on this kid probably reads:
-Has a high motor
-Real blue collar type player
-Good on and off the field
-A real student of the game

Great another 220 lb DE that won't play until he RS JR year. We need guys like Ekakite or that JUCO that can help immediately.

Agree. I use to be in the crowd that thought KF and the coaching staff made good decisions on under tha radar type kids. I'm not in that crowd any more.

Nobody is saying the kid doesn't have potential. Iowa's Dline is not in the business of potential right now. They need some guys who can be impact players immediately. I think Ekakite could be that guy or a JUCO. Also last I had heard Ekakite had Iowa pretty high. We will see.

for the second time just because we could use some impact players doesn't mean we should ignore guys who have potential to be good football players down the road. signing him doesn't mean we are giving up on jucos or that guy you keep mentioning.

of course the reality is its highly unlikely ekakite is ready to make an impact as a freshman, regardless of his height and weight. There are only two places DL help is going to come from next year.

1) JUCO
2) Our depth chart.

Literally there are probably fewer than five HS kids in the whole country who are physically mature enough to play DL c as true freshman, and they aren't coming to Iowa.

was really quiet on the recruiting front. obviously we'd like to see some big names too, but this kid looks good. like CAAR said, ideally we need a mix for the next couple years

No one said this kid is a starter next year, or at DE.

Isn't our starting LT a former project at DE who came in right around 6-5/220?

Boy I would hate if that happened.

Latest posts