Newest member to Hawkeye family?

Normally I would have faith Kirk knows what he's doing with the personnel/recruiting decisions, but after the D-line disaster this year, my confidence is definitely shaken.

I agree the kid is a project, but I'm sure the pieces are there.

I think the more concerning part is the kid is a friend of Rudock and committed without ever visiting? Another kid coming from a LONG way without ever visiting.. That can always come back to bite.

Really is a bit of a drag we are in our current situation, because this kid is 6'4" and runs a 4.7 40 out of HS. Those are not numbers to sneeze at. I really like the potential of this guy's measurements.

The problem is that Iowa went a little too much toward the 6'1-2" guys that didn't really have the frame on which to build and we are paying for that dearly right now.

Which has put the program, as others have said, NEEDING PLAYERS WHO CAN PLAY NOW!

JUCO, DII, Graduating Seniors with a year of eligibility, leave no stone unturned.

^this. Not may freshman can step in on the d-line, and the very few that can are at LSU and Alabama, dont coming to iowa. We need Jucos now...

This year we will have around 18 to 20. I think if a guy like Faith decided to come, they would find room. The thing is he don't coming to Iowa!

a look at D-l recruits that are interested Iowa;
WDE Trace Clark 6'5 240 lb's 3* 30th best player at his position
SDE Faith Ekakitie 6'2 255 4* 10th at his position is high on Hawks
SDE Javonte MaGee 6'5 262 4* 11th at his position has no favorites and list everybody as medium interest
SDE Bryan Cox Jr 6'3 240 3* 40th at his position same school as this kid
SDE Nathaneul Lohn 6'3 265 3* have not read much lately
DL Arron Curry 6'3 275 44th at his position likes Iowa,

its not like we can't find them, sometime i think he doesn't want them, can't keep bragging about how you put Diamonds in the rough into the NFL, with better players already on the roster,
this is why i scratch my head on the commits we get, not everybody can be wrong about a kids talent and KF is the only one that know talent, especially with todays technology, where video tapes on kids are available, and there are more talent evaluators out there

Last edited:
Are we seriously complaining about a 4* out of Florida. Who knows he could be a LB for all we know. One thing this coaching staff is usally good at recruiting is LB's. And don't start the *'s mean nothing B.S. They definately mean something just not everything. I'm excited. How could nobody now about a 4*? Just cause he wasn't on our radar a few days ago doesn't mean he's no good. However we do need some juco beasts up the middle to help us out.

He's a 4* on Yahoo, but scout and rivals have him as NR. Since he just got the offer 3 days ago or whatever it's interesting.

Also, they are recruiting Nathaniel Lohn 6-3 265

Are we seriously complaining about a 4* out of Florida. Who knows he could be a LB for all we know. One thing this coaching staff is usally good at recruiting is LB's. And don't start the *'s mean nothing B.S. They definately mean something just not everything. I'm excited. How could nobody now about a 4*? Just cause he wasn't on our radar a few days ago doesn't mean he's no good. However we do need some juco beasts up the middle to help us out.

He's not a 4-star. He hasn't yet been rated by any of the recruiting services. The only place he has any sort of rating is on Rivals and that is a fan rating. My guess is that he will probably be a 2/3 star on all the sites.

We are looking good with Curry, I hope we get him. I don't have too much Faith in getting Ekakitie. (see what I did there?)

We are looking good with Curry, I hope we get him. I don't have too much Faith in getting Ekakitie. (see what I did there?)

ICEE_what_you_did_there.jpg

My bad looking at the wrong thing. I saw the stars and there were 4 so I got excited. Just like me not to pay attention to the details. He still looks like a pretty athletic kid who will make an impact though. Won't be the last time I make a stupid mistake.

Latest posts