New thread: OC Rumormill

NorthKCHawk

The other thread on this topic has gone off topic. Figure a fresh start might be useful.

Names I heard from a buddy in IC (and I recognize this is internet scuttle) is that KF took Frost's call but has no interest.

Chryst and Philben are legit candidates.

Does not sound like an internal candidate is likely.

What I was told. That and a cup of coffee......

The other thread on this topic has gone off topic. Figure a fresh start might be useful.

Names I heard from a buddy in IC (and I recognize this is internet scuttle) is that KF took Frost's call but has no interest.

I'm not sure where he got his info, but this info is all on an insider site, which I have found to be pretty accurate. A lot of other pretty good info about this that goes along with this there as well.

Scott Frost
Matt Drinkall
Someone off Tulane's coaching staff that didn't go with Fitz to Houston. Nagle?

I am throwing out names that I have read and/or heard.

I'm in, I got an A, in football theory my junior year at Iowa. My esteemed instructor, Bernie Wyatt, best two hours of A I ever got! Hey, what can I say, I was in the College of Medicine, and they said do you want to take any elective courses for shits and giggles, nice break away from organic chemistry.

I'm in, I got an A, in football theory my junior year at Iowa. My esteemed instructor, Bernie Wyatt, best two hours of A I ever got! Hey, what can I say, I was in the College of Medicine, and they said do you want to take any elective courses for shits and giggles, nice break away from organic chemistry.
I had the same course at Iowa. Earlier. Commings was the instructor.

I can tell you after we run a play whether it was a good call or not. And I can use Microsoft Office.

Last edited:
You are joking, right??
You would not believe the course list at Iowa. Look at some of the classes Ronnie Harmon took.

A popular elective course in the 1980's for football players was "Composer-Improviser In You". You basically wrote sheet music every Wednesday night for two and a half hours and screwed around with percussion instruments. I do remember defensive lineman Joe Schuster bringing his electric guitar to class one night however and banging out some tasty riffs.

After "class" was over you went downtown to the Field House for fifty cent Cup Night and got shitfaced on Brau Meister.

You would not believe the course list at Iowa. Look at some of the classes Ronnie Harmon took.

A popular elective course in the 1980's for football players was "Composer-Improviser In You". You basically wrote sheet music every Wednesday night for two and a half hours and screwed around with percussion instruments. I do remember defensive lineman Joe Schuster bringing his electric guitar to class one night however and banging out some tasty riffs.

After "class" was over you went downtown to the Field House for fifty cent Cup Night and got shitfaced on Brau Meister.
I took the absolute worst class in the history of college courses.

I went to a Catholic-affiliated college (I'm not Catholic as you may have surmised over the years).

To graduate you had to take 2 semesters of Old Testament, and 2 semesters of New Testament. One full year of each. Old Testament had me weighing my options between going class or walking out in front of a semi.

Because of some weird scheduling conflicts that I don't remember anymore, I had to take it at night 3 nights a week from 7-10PM at a local community college. That was bad enough, but it was over the old shitty ICN if any of you Iowa people remember that. It was the 1990s version of Zoom meetings but with a camera that didn't move and was just fixed on the entire classroom, these weird brown push button microphones, and shown on old 27" CRT TVs. The instructor was an adjunct priest in Algona who sat there the entire three hours lecturing non-stop with the camera zoomed way out so you couldn't even see the guy's facial expressions. He sat at a desk in the Algona high school and never moved, just talked.

A whole year of that with no assignments, no papers, no quizzes...nothing but a 2-3 page test at the end that was so easy I could've passed it without taking the class. And back then there were no cell phones to play on as a distraction. I remember one girl did all of her other homework during the time (I wasn't that motivated), and the other two of us just sat there and stared into infinity for three hours. That class was the genesis of my opinion that college education is completely stupid and unnecessary for 99.99985% of the population.

Frost's name is out there for sure, but I agree it feels like a lot of echo chamber. It is an interesting name for a variety of reasons, of course. I just cannot see KF turning the keys over to Frost and allowing him to run some variation of Oregon's offense. We don't have the horses to do it, and it didn't exactly work out at Nebraska. Too many reasons against this hire, but if discussions are happening that at least suggests KF is open to a very different path than the current one (just coach harder, has not worked for a while now on offense).

Frost's name is out there for sure, but I agree it feels like a lot of echo chamber. It is an interesting name for a variety of reasons, of course. I just cannot see KF turning the keys over to Frost and allowing him to run some variation of Oregon's offense. We don't have the horses to do it, and it didn't exactly work out at Nebraska. Too many reasons against this hire, but if discussions are happening that at least suggests KF is open to a very different path than the current one (just coach harder, has not worked for a while now on offense).
....... Or they just need candidates to interview. Ive been thru the university hiring practices.

It has to be posted for a period of time and they want a certain pool of candidates.

I think they even have to advertise on a certain number of platforms but might be different for the athletic hires. Not sure.

I agree if it was an internal candidate it would have been announced by now. It has to be Chryst and they are waiting for Texas’s season to be done.

Whomever it is it will be an upgrade………….. I hope.

If it isn’t then it’s time for Kirk to get the hell out of dodge.