New thread: OC Rumormill

From a knowledge standpoint, Philbin is a good choice, but obviously he's not going to bring a lot of fresh energy into the program. As I mentioned in the other thread, the word is that he got out of the college ranks in part because he despised recruiting. If he's given a pass there, that will stretch the recruiting resources to a degree. From an enthusiasm standpoint, not the ideal choice, but definitely a choice that keeps Kirk in his comfort zone.

It is hard to get super excited about this. For whatever reason, I need to know who the quarterback coach is going to be. I will evaluate what this means, once I see how the offensive side of the coaching staff changes.

This is what makes off season forums fun.

And yes it’s the offseason and has been for over a month. Almost all of us checked out 3-4 games into the season. Which is weird because this team won 10 games and no one, myself included, gives a damn.
I give a damn. I'd like to see them win the bowl game, go 11-3, and end up in the Top 15 in the nation.
And as you would say, I don't give a damn if you care about that or not!

Did you see them play? I watched nearly all their games (they stream for free). Twice as many passing yards as rushing yards? Over 3,000 yards in passing offense? No way would Kirk allow that offense.
I grew up near Waverly and used to cruise the strip back in the day, so have always been familiar with the college and town.
I kind of keep tabs on them. Nice sized city. Nice campus.

Latest posts