New Software Bug Report

Keep em coming guys. The tech who installed this much be reading this thread ;) I sure as heck have no idea how to do this stuff.

Folks, I am not interested in opinions on aesthetics. We had to make this change. There were security vulnerabilities we were having to fight every day with the old software. Those risks are now alleviated with the new software. The old software we had was three years old. Going forward, we will be able to use the patch updates in real time because we have done this all within the vBulletin software theme, and not much custom coding ie: the app

Another thing I noticed is that on the "What's New" page, longer thread titles have the last few words cut off with no explanation. A couple examples:
"Anyone see the shot of KF after the Morris INT?" ("INT" is cut off.)
"I believe that JVB is the worst QB in the B1G." ("B1G." is cut off.)

Edit: Adding pictures from my computer seems to be an issue as well, though that could just be me.

Attachments

• Truncated.jpg
    Truncated.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
The picture issue doesn't seem to be just me. JonDMiller also posted a pic in the 2-deep thread and it when I click it, it is too small to read.

The picture issue doesn't seem to be just me. JonDMiller also posted a pic in the 2-deep thread and it when I click it, it is too small to read.

Yeah, I noticed that too ;) Will check on settings. I really do appreciate this feedback...it will allow us to take care of these things more quickly.

On the old site, when you clicked 'Forum' at the top, it would take you to the most recent topics, not the list of forums. Do you think you could restore that feature? For example, when you go to the home page and click on Forums, it will take you to the newest posts page but not when you are in the threads.

On the old site, when you clicked 'Forum' at the top, it would take you to the most recent topics, not the list of forums. Do you think you could restore that feature? For example, when you go to the home page and click on Forums, it will take you to the newest posts page but not when you are in the threads.

I can't restore it like that, but if you click on the 'What's New' link it does the same thing

I keep getting a message that says "Internet Explorer has modified this page to prevent cross-site scripting". Not sure what that means, but it's annoying as all get out.

A question, Jon:

Selecting the "From URL" tab in the Insert Image pop-up includes this option, checked on default: "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

I assume that means you want the site to retrieve the file of the photo you (the poster) have linked from another site and put it in your HN account, as if you uploaded it from your computer. The first two times I tried it the site said the file was too large. Un-checking that option allows you to link the photo to your HN post without any further problem.

1) Wondering if it would be better to have the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" not checked on default?
2) Is that option even necessary? Does anyone really need to have HN pull a file from another site and upload it for them into their HN account?

BTW, a big THANK YOU for investing your money, creativity, energy, time (incl time away from family) on continuing to work to upgrade your site. As posters it is easy to lose sight of the forest for the trees and ***** and moan about little things (like design). But as a businessman and an entrepreneur, I applaud your efforts to keep improving your product.

A question, Jon:

Selecting the "From URL" tab in the Insert Image pop-up includes this option, checked on default: "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

I assume that means you want the site to retrieve the file of the photo you (the poster) have linked from another site and put it in your HN account, as if you uploaded it from your computer. The first two times I tried it the site said the file was too large. Un-checking that option allows you to link the photo to your HN post without any further problem.

1) Wondering if it would be better to have the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" not checked on default?
2) Is that option even necessary? Does anyone really need to have HN pull a file from another site and upload it for them into their HN account?

BTW, a big THANK YOU for investing your money, creativity, energy, time (incl time away from family) on continuing to work to upgrade your site. As posters it is easy to lose sight of the forest for the trees and ***** and moan about little things (like design). But as a businessman and an entrepreneur, I applaud your efforts to keep improving your product.

Thank you.

As for your question, I have no freaking idea ;) I will pass this along to the guy who knows about this stuff I am paying to work on it.

I've had a few issues with posting more than 1 image into a single post on here today. Eventually I was able to put it on my post, but instead of adding the image, I had to copy the image and paste it into the message itself. Basically when I would use the image button, and link the 2nd image, it would hang and not do anything.

I keep getting a message that says "Internet Explorer has modified this page to prevent cross-site scripting". Not sure what that means, but it's annoying as all get out.

Yep, this pop-up is still happening, on every forum page load. Very annoying. IE 9.0.9 on Windows 7.

Thanks guys. Will look into it. I have never experienced this on chrome of Firefox. I have been on the boards about four hours today with hundreds of page views.

Jon, your posts, like Kirk's press conf, game film post, and Jared's MMQB used to show up in my RSS reader but they are no longer showing up automatically. Is that an error or am I doing something wrong. (with my tech abilities I assume it is me!)

Jon, your posts, like Kirk's press conf, game film post, and Jared's MMQB used to show up in my RSS reader but they are no longer showing up automatically. Is that an error or am I doing something wrong. (with my tech abilities I assume it is me!)

My guess is it's a new RSS feed address. I'd love for you to read them on the site obviously, too ;)

Latest posts