New Software Bug Report

Thanks Chickenlounge. This post is being made from IE.[New paragraph]Hopefully this will be on it's own line.[New paragraph]This too.[New paragraph]It's getting a little late tonight to give your options a whirl, but I might try to give them a run tomorrow night after work/kids go to bed. Hopefully I can figure something out. Thanks again.

Edit - Using IE 9.0 from work.

Test "return."

Test "return 2."

Last edited:
Thanks Chickenlounge. This post is being made from IE.[New paragraph]Hopefully this will be on it's own line.[New paragraph]This too.[New paragraph]It's getting a little late tonight to give your options a whirl, but I might try to give them a run tomorrow night after work/kids go to bed. Hopefully I can figure something out. Thanks again.

Still looks like you're having an issue.

Could be something wonky with the way the javascript is being interpreted/rendered, but that's generally browser-specific, and I wouldn't expect the same problem to exist across 3 different browsers. Seems odd.

When you're replying, are you using the standard reply box, or the "Go Advanced" editor?

If you go into your settings, can you tell me what editor you're using? Click Settings in the top right of the screen. Then click My Account...General Settings on the left. Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and see what you're editor is. You can try changing those settings to see if that fixes your problem.

Is your OS up-to-date on patches? Go to Windows Update to check: http://www.update.microsoft.com/ It should auto-spawn your Automatic Update settings for XP.

Also, you mentioned that you're only having this issue on this one particular desktop computer. Are the other computers you've tested from also the same OS & Browser? Or are they newer?

Still looks like you're having an issue.

Could be something wonky with the way the javascript is being interpreted/rendered, but that's generally browser-specific, and I wouldn't expect the same problem to exist across 3 different browsers. Seems odd.

When you're replying, are you using the standard reply box, or the "Go Advanced" editor?

If you go into your settings, can you tell me what editor you're using? Click Settings in the top right of the screen. Then click My Account...General Settings on the left. Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and see what you're editor is. You can try changing those settings to see if that fixes your problem.

Is your OS up-to-date on patches? Go to Windows Update to check: http://www.update.microsoft.com/ It should auto-spawn your Automatic Update settings for XP.

Also, you mentioned that you're only having this issue on this one particular desktop computer. Are the other computers you've tested from also the same OS & Browser? Or are they newer?

CL - You are clearly more techie than I am, and for your assistance I am grateful. I'm at work now, but I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

Both "Quick Reply" and "Go Advanced" work for posting...neither allows me to recognize the returns I use in my posts to separate paragraphs. Neither will allow me to edit my post once it is out there. I literally click on the buttons, they look as though they are being depressed by my mouse, but nothing happens.

Ok, so I guess I read through this the first time and thought there were more questions. I'll have to look up the editor question and the Windows Update question when I get home.

Oh, and I am on Firefox 16.0.2 here at work and I also use IE 9.0 and I don't have any issues.

I'll keep you posted with my progress tonight.

One problem solved...but I tried to edit the post to put in a "Success!" style edit line, and I still can't do that. Just clicking away and the buttons appear to be depressed...it's just nothing happens.

At least I don't think I'll have to write in walls of text. Thanks ChickenLounge. +47,541 rep to you, good sir!

Well you got a little further, that's good. Still interesting that the buttons aren't working properly.

I'll look into that one a little more and see if I can come up with anything else to try.

HF2679 -- Can you run that HijackThis tool I linked to earlier and send me a PM with the output?

I'm home with 2 sick kids today, and may have some time to look at it.

I have been having issues viewing about 50% of pictures in posts. It just shows up as an icon, and I've tried it with IE, Chrome, and Firefox.

Also, is the site going to go back to the new post landing page being similar to CF (when you hit forums there, it automatically takes you to the new posts), or is it going to remain necessary to always hit "what's new" or "new posts"?

HF2679 -- Can you run that HijackThis tool I linked to earlier and send me a PM with the output?

I'm home with 2 sick kids today, and may have some time to look at it.

Yes, sorry...I got wrapped up in some work the last couple nights and also took solace in my small victory of not having to post in blocks of text. But it will have to wait until tonight, when my kids go to sleep and I'm able to get on my home desktop.

Yes, sorry...I got wrapped up in some work the last couple nights and also took solace in my small victory of not having to post in blocks of text. But it will have to wait until tonight, when my kids go to sleep and I'm able to get on my home desktop.

No worries...whenever you have time.

Sent. I initially hoped 2 messages would work, but it ended up being 3. I hope it's good enough for you to read.

It was fine. I sent you my analysis. As I said in the PM, let me know if you have any questions. It's kind of tech-heavy, so if you're not following it, let me know.

Wow, you mean the max ipad isn't perfect with all everything ever?? Whar genius barrrrr!!!!!!?

Latest posts