New Prez talks with the team

imported_ankle23

COEZf41VEAEHe6a.jpg

Wow...it's good to see the new president knows there is a football team this early in his tenure. It took the last one several years and the only reason she found out was because she heard there was drinking happening around the stadium. Sally was heard to say, "get these hooligans (boosters) off my property, oh, what do we have in that large brick structure over there...a library? We have a football team? Well that's a funny looking soccer ball?"

Thanks for the input Sally...meanwhile she continues to collect 60% her salary. Great gig if you can get it.

this can only be good for athletics. how many times have previous presidents addressed the team? and why do you think he's over there so early in his tenure? i'd bet there have been some 'strained' relationships between the presidents office and the athletic department - we have assumed this, but i'd wager this picture proves that out.

I'm sure someone has been chirpin in his ear regarding that very thing....Glad to see him addressing the football team....I'm not quite sure why Kir-fer is smilng though (passed gas maybe)

Last edited:
this can only be good for athletics. how many times have previous presidents addressed the team? and why do you think he's over there so early in his tenure? i'd bet there have been some 'strained' relationships between the presidents office and the athletic department - we have assumed this, but i'd wager this picture proves that out.

Yep, same thoughts here. I still hold out hopes for KF to pull out a great couple seasons before retiring but I'm also having visions of a dirty sob like bielema coming here and partnering with a sports sympathetic president and then ramming the b1g like nobody could imagine. Not just out-sec the sec but out-to$u the bucks.

I'm really not sure what he's saying though. I guess it would be something like, "well, I hope you guys are enjoying the new facility, although if you don't win, it really was a poor investment. The ROI on something like this is directly related to winning and tickets sales, and to be honest, ticket sales are behind our projections for making this investment worthwhile. I mean...if we are going to be mediocre, when then let's be mediocre with mediocre facilities right. Would you invest your money in mediocre? When you factor in what 'smiley' behind me is making in annual salary, well, then we are farther in the red on this investment."

Yep, same thoughts here. I still hold out hopes for KF to pull out a great couple seasons before retiring but I'm also having visions of a dirty sob like bielema coming here and partnering with a sports sympathetic president and then ramming the b1g like nobody could imagine. Not just out-sec the sec but out-to$u the bucks.
My thoughts, as well.:D
54432752.jpg

Huh...did Sally ever address the team, or even any of the other teams?
Sally - "We have sports at Iowa? I wondered what that was that going on at that open air theater on Saturdays in the fall, and at that theater in the round during the winter months."

I believe Sally was always watching from the very top of the Press box every Saturday? Not sure but there was always an older lady standing up at the very top.

Latest posts