New Offensive Assistant

This appears to be a solid hire. BF will have two experienced Offensive Coordinators on staff. KO has good teaching experience at the next level and TP is experienced in setting very high goals and helping to accomplish them.

My wish, dream and hope is that this may all mean that Iowa is ready to expand its expectations. Time to set a very high goal and not quit until you succeed. If you don't believe, how will you ever get and motivate kids to believe?

I love KF and admire him greatly. However, I don't think he is selfish enough to want national championships. I think BF is (and I truly mean this in a good way). The only way that BF can meet or exceed what his father has accomplished is to attain a higher level of program achievement. It is not a job so much as a mission. Every practice, every game, every season is a march toward the ultimate goal.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if it can happen at NDSU, why not Iowa?

I would bet the former NDSU AD had some input here. He was there for many of the years Polasek was there. I live close to Fargo and they have a great program.

I'm really liking these hires. Younger guys who are building their resumes, and sounds like they are good recruiters as well.

Sorry if been mentioned as I haven't read any of the responses, but, what a great hire! You virtually have two assistants/offensive coordinators to mentor Brian going forward, with one being an ex O coordinator at Iowa. Now with Polasek you bring in a guy who's had success and runs much of the same kind of offense but brings some innovation as well. You don't change your offensive philosophy so much but can wrinkle it up a bit. So liking this!

These are two very valuable hires at this point.

Looks like Brian F takes RBs, Polasek OL and Copeland WR.

I received this Tweet from Max Cooper's coach:

That would be my guess. Where are all the haters at now?

If by "haters" you mean the people who have been pushing for this kind of assistants... aggressive, young coaches who are strong recruiters... I'm sure they're smiling and saying "Yes...great moves!".

I have a friend who's a huge NDSU fan and knows Polasek. He said Polasek is a real charismatic guy and a great recruiter. However he also said that him and his dad aren't sad to see him go and that as the OC he cost them a few wins during the Wentz era. Whatever that means.

the NDSU forums seem to hate that he's leaving, so thats a good thing

I have a friend who's a huge NDSU fan and knows Polasek. He said Polasek is a real charismatic guy and a great recruiter. However he also said that him and his dad aren't sad to see him go and that as the OC he cost them a few wins during the Wentz era. Whatever that means.

That's pretty funny considering they were 38-4 with him as OC, and were National Champs 2 of the 3 years.

OC's will always take the brunt of criticism, it is the nature of the position.

At least in the surface, these hires look good. Hard to now how the chemistry will work. Time will tell.

To get KOK as a QB coach with his experience and TP as the OL coach with his experience is pretty solid. Throw in Copeland, who has been recruiting Chicago and the Midwest, and these are potentially three really good hires.

At least in the surface, these hires look good. Hard to now how the chemistry will work. Time will tell.

To get KOK as a QB coach with his experience and TP as the OL coach with his experience is pretty solid. Throw in Copeland, who has been recruiting Chicago and the Midwest, and these are potentially three really good hires.

What I like about the 2 latest hires is it is sooooo unlike Iowa. I just figured with what happened with Chris White and Bobby Kennedy, that Iowa would just hire Iowa guys, in that they either GA here or played here. I love the fact that Iowa went outside of that circle and stayed young while doing it.

I think Brian is VERY different than Dad, and I think he wants his stamp/finger prints all over this offense. I think these are Brian's guys.

What I like about the 2 latest hires is it is sooooo unlike Iowa. I just figured with what happened with Chris White and Bobby Kennedy, that Iowa would just hire Iowa guys, in that they either GA here or played here. I love the fact that Iowa went outside of that circle and stayed young while doing it.

I think Brian is VERY different than Dad, and I think he wants his stamp/finger prints all over this offense. I think these are Brian's guys.
I feel like KF is letting BF go all in here. I mean if it doesn't work out, then BF won't be a head coach here. Therefore KF has to give his son a little room to do what he thinks is best for the offense.

I think it means that some NDSU fans are spoiled by the success. But hey, if he cost them a few wins with his play calling, then he'll fit right in at Iowa. . . . It's a joke, alright?

I feel like KF is letting BF go all in here. I mean if it doesn't work out, then BF won't be a head coach here. Therefore KF has to give his son a little room to do what he thinks is best for the offense.

I have been saying for a long time that Brian as OC is the only way the offense changes much. It always baffles me when da haters cry and whine about Brian at OC. I mean if Brian wasn't around I'd bet a million bucks KF would have brought KOK back as OC. We now have basically a completely new offensive staff full of young aggressive coaches and one Sr. statesman in KOK. If you say you want changes at Iowa, and you don't like these, it just shows you wanna bitch just to bitch at this point.

I have been saying for a long time that Brian as OC is the only way the offense changes much. It always baffles me when da haters cry and whine about Brian at OC. I mean if Brian wasn't around I'd bet a million bucks KF would have brought KOK back as OC. We now have basically a completely new offensive staff full of young aggressive coaches and one Sr. statesman in KOK. If you say you want changes at Iowa, and you don't like these, it just shows you wanna bitch just to bitch at this point.
Completely agree. I'm very excited about what these guys can do. We have to be realistic, as there will be a learning curve, but regardless, I expect it to be light years ahead of the Greg Davis offense.

Also, happy to see a couple younger guys who are known as really good recruiters as well as really good teachers. one thing about NDSU, they have great teachers and know how to spot talent.

Latest posts