NEW OC

You are kidding I hope, this isnt alimony where if you get married again your ex-spouse doesnt need to pay alimony anymore.

If a coach gets fired and has 3 million coming to them over 5 years they get that money even if they take another job. How could san diego state say they didnt need to pay Long just because he got hired at Kansas.

If a CEO gets fired but gets a large annuity payout over 5 years then he still gets paid if he starts working somewhere else.

get current on employment contracts, and call back at that time.

One thing that is going to happen for sure with KOK departure is we will finally have the answer to the question of who is more conservative. KOK or KF

get current on employment contracts, and call back at that time.

I think you think every employment or buyout contract is the same, they are not.

If you are a college head football coach and let the school put in a clause that if they fire you but you land another job then your former employer doesnt have to pay you, then shame on you for not having your own good lawyer or agent because that would be the stupidest contract to sign.

I know enough about contract law and from a couple of lawyers to know that if a business hires a salaried person an in the letter of employment says "you are hired at 75,000 per year" and then they fire you before the year is up they own you the rest of the money, which is why many years ago companies hired salaried people at a bi-monthly salary rate of lets say 3,000 so the company is not making a yearly contract.

You really think that all schools and NFL teams automatically have a clause in every coaches contract that if they fire the coach and the ex-coach gets another job they dont get the remainder of the buyout money.

You better talk to a lawyer about that one because the ex-coaches new employment has nothing to do with his buyout from getting fired (unless they let them put it in as a stupid clause).

Bruce Kittle? Probably not OC, but if there is more shake up, maybe position coach? Listen to Kirk's comments about Kittle when talking about signing his son George.

No concrete reason for this. Just thinking out loud.

Bruce Kittle? Probably not OC, but if there is more shake up, maybe position coach? Listen to Kirk's comments about Kittle when talking about signing his son George.

No concrete reason for this. Just thinking out loud.

thought the same thing earlier - maybe the kittle thing has more than meets the eye....

I understand the affinity to go to ex Iowa players/coaches to fill these positions but I don't think Chuck long is the answer. Get the best and most experienced person available for the job. I can't see us bringing in anyone with a background that is not a pro style offense. It's exciting as the new coordinators if they come from out of the family could bring entirely new recruiting connections and areas. How about coordinators from the SEC?

Ill take the first guess and go with Brian Ferentz. Working at NE he has learned the ropes. The TE's that he coached set records this year and obviously coach will trust him.

THat will get Kirk run out of town faster than anything if it doesn't work our right away.

This is the smartest thing for the program.

Also agree with this...Soup is huge for our recruiting and will probably not stay in IC much longer without a change of position.

I too also think that KOK had help leaving, the position coach gig in the NFL is not as good of a job as the one he had.

Also agree with this...Soup is huge for our recruiting and will probably not stay in IC much longer without a change of position.

I too also think that KOK had help leaving, the position coach gig in the NFL is not as good of a job as the one he had.

While I didn't always agree with KOK I can't believe he gets so much grief. Whether or not the position coach job isn't as prominent may or may not be an issue with him. He is getting older and may have wanted some NFL experience and probably less stress. Heck to live on south beach and not have to listen to all the KOK haters out there. It sounds like a great gig to me. I wish him the best of luck.

Latest posts