New Injury Rule

SonofaSailor

I think they need to enact a rule with modern college football, go way back to the old days.

If the trainers have to come out to assist you off...you are unable to return to play until the end of the quarter.

I think they need to enact a rule with modern college football, go way back to the old days.

If the trainers have to come out to assist you off...you are unable to return to play until the end of the quarter.

No, not a quarter (getting cramped up 14:59 left in the fourth shouldnt mean you are out the rest of the game, for instance), but it should be for the remainder of the drive.

OR

Your team should be required to call a time out for you to get back on the field during the same series. That seems fair to me.

How about you are out until the next quarter. That way if you do it in the 4th quarter, you are done for the day.

I think you should be out for 3 plays... That seems fair if it was a legitimate injury, and stop kids from doing it. Especially if someone was faking with 10 seconds left in the 3rd qtr, etc...

I thought sailor mean the end of the current quarter. But then I'm drunk so what do I know.

He did. But that's the same thing as sitting until the next quarter, which is what you seemed to suggest in your post.

Blame it on the booze lol.

I'm starting to turn the corner and think something needs to be done now that I've seen it happen multiple times.

I'm starting to turn the corner and think something needs to be done now that I've seen it happen multiple times.

Well I mean...I used to say, "That's funny...but it would never happen to us with our snail pace offense..."...now..."Something must be done!!" lol.

Take it easy on #90 guys. Its gotta be tough keepin' up with all of those 18-21 year olds when yer 48

I think you should be out for 3 plays... That seems fair if it was a legitimate injury, and stop kids from doing it. Especially if someone was faking with 10 seconds left in the 3rd qtr, etc...
If a guy is a tub-of-lard like #90 was today, then he sat out for 3 plays anyway to catch his breath. Legit injuries are usually out 2-3 plays. There needs to be a penalty for the fake ones -- player cannot return during the current drive even if it stretches into the next quarter.

Latest posts