New Injury Rule

The counter-argument would be that players who are legitimately injured would be more likely to stay on the field and aggravate their injury in fear of not getting back on the field.

I don't think a new rule to this effect is likely in the cards.
Agreed, most likely will never happen.
The flip side to that argument is, people make choices and if a player takes that route it is his choice.
It is your choice to seek medical attention, or not. It's what happens after you do that matters.
Edit:
Just to clarify, players know the risks. I also find it highly unlikely they don't down play injuries on the sidelines. Oh no that does not hurt that bad, type of thing.
So as I said, it should not be up to them. They are not trained to make that decision. The point is, once they delay a game, they must be in enough pain, that it should warrant a complete evaluation by trained professionals. Sorry but idk how long that takes, but it takes longer than one or two plays, that I am sure of.
I am sure they would argue that half the evaluation was performed on the field, but given they are lying down and not putting any stress on said injury and that the field is for playing, not evaluation of injuries, I don't think that argument holds water either.

Last edited:
^^^ there you go.
Unless the cart comes out, which is automatically a rest of the game injury. Because if your leg, ankle or knee is so bad you cant touch that leg down as your helped off the field, than it is unsafe for you to return within_____ amount of time. No doctor will argue that and after all our biggest concern is your health............ ****ers.