New Injury Rule

I think they need to enact a rule with modern college football, go way back to the old days.

If the trainers have to come out to assist you off...you are unable to return to play until the end of the quarter.

Yes,I am tired of this used as a tactic to disrupt a teams momentum. There should be an extra time out reserved only for an injury per half. You could carry over the one from first half if not used. After that you have to burn your remaining timouts to stop play to see to the injured player.

Or the injured player must leave play for the remainder of the qtr.. This still wouldn't stop a team for subbing in a scrub for this purpose though.

The fakers ate too many swamp burgers before the game, and couldn't keep up with the pace.
LSU=dirty team, bad sportsmanship. Maybe too many guys down there academically at the 5th grade level.

I didn't notice this but somebody I know was saying that one of them was faking an injury in his leg but when he got to the sideline he switched legs. Like he couldn't remember which leg he supposedly hurt. I did notice that the injury didn't impair their dancing ability at all.

I'd have a hard time telling my players with a straight face "if they run no huddle, go down!"

the fiasco with 90 was unacceptable. Clearly IA had them on the ropes and it played a role in the outcome of the game.

Toss my name in as someone who would like to see something done. I don't watch any SEC football, but from what I gathered from how (1) frequently and (2) obviously LSU faked injuries, I'm assuming that's a pretty common practice in that league. I would like to see it kiboshed before it spreads any further than MSU in the Big Ten.

It's cost Iowa before. Google "fainting Irish." Now of course we've dealt with the 'flopping Spartans' last year as well.

Coaches should be allowed to challenge injuries, and get a review from the booth. Obviously we saw #90 walking away from his block normally after the play was over before deciding he needed to 'go down for the team.' 15 yard penalty and banned from the rest of the game seems about right. Or maybe penalty box him and make the D play with 10?

After watchng the game, Iowa would have had 5 guys that would have had to sit out a quarter under your "new rule".

Why do we have to always change the rules after a loss? We do the same thing in a win and it's smart FB? Play the game and whip their ***!

After watchng the game, Iowa would have had 5 guys that would have had to sit out a quarter under your "new rule".

Why do we have to always change the rules after a loss? We do the same thing in a win and it's smart FB? Play the game and whip their ***!

Well, we don't fake injuries to break up momentum so your point is pretty moo.

Sitting out a drive is probably a good thing for safety regardling legitimate injuries anyway.

I definintely think this is something that should be done, but there's no way this rule will ever actually happen due to the political power of a few sleazy coaches out there.

It goes something like:
In an effort to remain on the forefront of student athletes health as our number one priority, and in an effort to maintain the highest integrity and competition of the game, we issue the following.
If a player is hurt and the game must be delayed, said player will be ineligible to return to play until a through exam and follow up can be performed. This action is estimated at five minutes from the time the game clock restarts.
If any player has two such incidents in one half of play, they shall be ineligible for the remainder of the game. Concern over his health and the obvious fact that he should not be playing on a potential severe injury being our only concern.
In short, if your a wuss, your busted. If your using it as a way to slow a game, your busted. If it is legit, you wont have any problem with it.

It's cost Iowa before. Google "fainting Irish." Now of course we've dealt with the 'flopping Spartans' last year as well.

Coaches should be allowed to challenge injuries, and get a review from the booth. Obviously we saw #90 walking away from his block normally after the play was over before deciding he needed to 'go down for the team.' 15 yard penalty and banned from the rest of the game seems about right. Or maybe penalty box him and make the D play with 10?

How would you be able to rule on a cramp?

It goes something like:
In an effort to remain on the forefront of student athletes health as our number one priority, and in an effort to maintain the highest integrity and competition of the game, we issue the following.
If a player is hurt and the game must be delayed, said player will be ineligible to return to play until a through exam and follow up can be performed. This action is estimated at five minutes from the time the game clock restarts.
If any player has two such incidents in one half of play, they shall be ineligible for the remainder of the game. Concern over his health and the obvious fact that he should not be playing on a potential severe injury being our only concern.
In short, if your a wuss, your busted. If your using it as a way to slow a game, your busted. If it is legit, you wont have any problem with it.

The counter-argument would be that players who are legitimately injured would be more likely to stay on the field and aggravate their injury in fear of not getting back on the field.

I don't think a new rule to this effect is likely in the cards.