New Developments favor ISU joining the big ten

WhitUp

With the new developments of Pitt/Cuse to ACC and possibly rutgers/UCOnn also to join. Takes away 3 possible big ten expansion teams. I think if ND joins it's a no brainer that Mizz would be 14th team at this point. But if we decide to go to 16 I think Kansas(AAU member) would be the 15th. Other possible aau members or virginia/Maryland/GTech, along with pitt/cuse and rutgers if the acc raises the exit fee from the ACC this could take them all off the board.

At this point I think ISU becomes the most attractive team to fill out the conference. No way K-state gets the 16th spot, and if Pitt/Cuse/Rutgers are happy in the ACC I see no other team with the geography or academics aau membership other then Iowa State. I hope I'm wrong and think the big ten could talk one of those acc members to jump ship even with a high exit fee. But you got to admit it looks more likely that ISU could join then it did a week ago.

Last edited:
IF the ACC pulls rut/cuse/pitt and the acc raises the exit fees, then who would be left????

The Big ten will never add teams just to add them. I could see them sitting at 12 even if all other conferences go to 14 or 16.

agreed. B10 is not going to raise their member schools expenses just for the sake of going to the next number.

despite what clown fan wants or thinks.

hopefully Folly has a Clowny Network channel in the works.

The Big Ten won't go to 16 if they have to add ISU and Kansas to do it. There's no point to it.

I agree that It's probably more likely then not that we would just cap it at 14. But Kansas would be attractive team with the aau membership and top notch basketball program and if they decided to add them ISU could get in as a filler team. I'm not saying it is likely ISU will be in the big ten I'm just saying new developments make it more likely then it was a week ago. Say if they had a 5% chance last week, it maybe a 20% chance now.

LOL @ OP. You know why Syracuse and Pitt just asked to join the ACC don't you? Because the B10 told them to forget about joing the B10!

Why on Earth would the B10 ask ISU when they just turned down Pitt????

I agree that It's probably more likely then not that we would just cap it at 14. But Kansas would be attractive team with the aau membership and top notch basketball program and if they decided to add them ISU could get in as a filler team. I'm not saying it is likely ISU will be in the big ten I'm just saying new developments make it more likely then it was a week ago. Say if they had a 5% chance last week, it maybe a 20% chance now.

They had a 0% chance last week, so recalculate your figures and get back to us! :)

LOL @ OP. You know why Syracuse and Pitt just asked to join the ACC don't you? Because the B10 told them to forget about joing the B10!

Why on Earth would the B10 ask ISU when they just turned down Pitt????

+1 and thought the exact same thing when this news came out.

just like the same link that proves you had a big east invite last summer.

if you did, you wouldn't have the news of Folly begging for a big east invite this weekend.

link? really?!

images

Last edited by a moderator:
Kansas would be attractive team with the aau membership and top notch basketball program and if they decided to add them ISU could get in as a filler team.

Kansas could possibly be a filler team if the Big Ten wants to add someone else, but they're not going to be the team that the Big Ten goes after as team number 15.

Kansas could possibly be a filler team if the Big Ten wants to add someone else, but they're not going to be the team that the Big Ten goes after as team number 15.

I agree Kansas is more likely a filler team then such a get that we would need to grap them and add another filler team.

Some Iowa fans are beyond pathetic on this site. Friends, neighbors, parents, families are on edge because of the recent events and some freaking Iowa fans can only laugh about it. I am not an Iowa fan but I am a citizen of Iowa and I would wish this on no one especially my friends and family members that are Iowa fans. Stay cool.

Some Iowa fans are beyond pathetic on this site. Friends, neighbors, parents, families are on edge because of the recent events and some freaking Iowa fans can only laugh about it. I am not an Iowa fan but I am a citizen of Iowa and I would wish this on no one especially my friends and family members that are Iowa fans. Stay cool.

Number one, I completely agree with you. Seriously.

Number two, you are one to talk. :rolleyes: Seriously.

The idea that the Big Ten will expand to accommodate orphaned members of other conferences is nuts. There is one and only one team that makes any sense and that would be Notre Dame and I hope they stay independent.

Better get on your knees for a mac invite.

Latest posts