New Commit!

after learning how to use the ignore feature, you'd be wise to make "doclee" your first addition
he's horribly bitter and mean-spirited; he even sends private messages to other posters to call them out and challenge them
he thinks he's some sort of tough guy

For real, can someone tell me how to use the ignore feature? I will be adding several of the Cyclone trolls to that list.

Two ways to use the totes choice ignore feature:

1. Click on the screen name of the turd you want to ignore, and from the drop-down menu that appears, click "view profile". Once you have been transported to that person's profile page, on the left side you will see a list; the third option is "add to ignore list". Click on this and you will be asked to confirm (answer yes) that you want to ignore the dorkus, and voila you're all set.

B. Go into your own Settings page, and click on "edit ignore list" under My Account. Here you will type the screen name of the hated dolt (for instance, "theboat") and then click okay. Poof! Le jerk is invisible to you.

Good luck, Stanzi.

This is one of the best "back-up plan" recruits that Iowa has gotten in recent memory. King has major talent. If he were from anywhere besides inner-city Detroit, he would have a lot more big-time offers.
That makes absolutely zero sense. Usually it's the kids from the middle of nowhere that have trouble getting attention and offers, not kids form one of the largest Metro areas in the United States.

maybe this means EJ isn't on staff anymore? why the change? that used to be his thing right? announce when a new Hawk added? can i ask anymore questions?

Kirk asking a recruit how he'd feel about starting as a true freshman is a departure from his old ways. I have a feeling Brian has convinced him this is what the kids want to hear, especially the kind of playmakers we so desperately need. Changes are coming... slowly, but they're coming.

Kirk asking a recruit how he'd feel about starting as a true freshman is a departure from his old ways. I have a feeling Brian has convinced him this is what the kids want to hear, especially the kind of playmakers we so desperately need. Changes are coming... slowly, but they're coming.

LOL, so the kind of playmakers that Iowa needs are current committments to MAC schools?

That is just pathetic on so many different levels.

Last edited:
maybe this means EJ isn't on staff anymore? why the change? that used to be his thing right? announce when a new Hawk added? can i ask anymore questions?

I was thinking the same thing, since he was one of the ones rumored to possibly be leaving.

What's amazing is most of you trying to spin everything into a negative. There's a reason Wisky, MSU and Indy were all interested.

What's amazing is most of you trying to spin everything into a negative. There's a reason Wisky, MSU and Indy were all interested.

It's funny that when Rob Howe talked to him yesterday and asked what schools he had been receiving interest from, he only mentioned MAC teams and no major schools.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

Man, if I were a HS kid I would LOVE to play for Iowa!

I mean, what other school in the country has a fan base where a majority of people think you're terrible before even seeing you play!

It's funny that when Rob Howe talked to him yesterday and asked what schools he had been receiving interest from, he only mentioned MAC teams and no major schools.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ You're right, why shouldnt we go off of what a hack sportswriter reports, rather than what is clearly listed as offers from BCS schools by an official recruiting service?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ You're right, why shouldnt we go off of what a hack sportswriter reports, rather than what is clearly listed as offers from BCS schools by an official recruiting service?

LOL, yeah, why go by what the player in question personally told the guy writing a story on him, when we can go by some random Internet profile that obviously hasn't been updated since July.

Freaking BRILLIANT.

Normally I wouldn't post something from the pay boards but there are some people here that need a little schooling on our new commit King. This little excerpt is from Josh Helmholdt, the midwest recruiting analyst for the Rivals network. He likes the King commitment and adds this little ditty:

"All these college coaches salivate over tall corners, but when you look at the NFL the majority of defensive backs are in that 5-9 to 5-11 range. And I say Desmond is not a blazer, but he's not slow either. He has the speed to play the position, but teams will overlook the height thing if the kid is a track superstar. King, on the other hand, just flat out knows how the play the position. His instincts are exceptional and he has no issues being physical with wide receivers, then has the hips to flip and run with them.

Several Big Ten schools were very close to offering King (some reportedly did, but there were always caveats). I think a lot of teams will look back and regret not offering King earlier, and I think Iowa is going to be very pleased with what they have in the Detroit product. Sometimes people get too caught up in measurables and need to just believe what they are seeing. King knows the CB position, and I see a good chance he has a long career ahead of him in the game."

Normally I wouldn't post something from the pay boards but there are some people here that need a little schooling on our new commit King. This little excerpt is from Josh Helmholdt, the midwest recruiting analyst for the Rivals network. He likes the King commitment and adds this little ditty:

"All these college coaches salivate over tall corners, but when you look at the NFL the majority of defensive backs are in that 5-9 to 5-11 range. And I say Desmond is not a blazer, but he's not slow either. He has the speed to play the position, but teams will overlook the height thing if the kid is a track superstar. King, on the other hand, just flat out knows how the play the position. His instincts are exceptional and he has no issues being physical with wide receivers, then has the hips to flip and run with them.

Several Big Ten schools were very close to offering King (some reportedly did, but there were always caveats). I think a lot of teams will look back and regret not offering King earlier, and I think Iowa is going to be very pleased with what they have in the Detroit product. Sometimes people get too caught up in measurables and need to just believe what they are seeing. King knows the CB position, and I see a good chance he has a long career ahead of him in the game."

So basically, he had no major offers, and only minimal interest from B1G schools. On top of that, he's not particularly big or particularly fast. But a recruiting analyst based out of Michigan likes him, and is probably not biased at all towards a kid from his area.

Does that about sum it up?

So basically, he had no major offers, and only minimal interest from B1G schools. On top of that, he's not particularly big or particularly fast. But a recruiting analyst based out of Michigan likes him, and is probably not biased at all towards a kid from his area.

Does that about sum it up?

Hey Scorp? How did you get a new alt approved by Jon?

Latest posts