New Commit: John Wisnieski

There are a surprisingly high number of idiots on CyFan that actually think the two TE commits they already have (with a combined 2 BCS offers) were higher priority than Wisnieski and they didn't really want him that bad. Good lord.

There are a surprisingly high number of idiots on CyFan that actually think the two TE commits they already have (with a combined 2 BCS offers) were higher priority than Wisnieski and they didn't really want him that bad. Good lord.

Not a higher priority, I think they already knew this kid was not coming to ISU so they took the other 2 kids.

I think in this case Iowa' record of putting tight ends and O-Linemen in the NFL probably sealed the deal.

Not a higher priority, I think they already knew this kid was not coming to ISU so they took the other 2 kids.

I think in this case Iowa' record of putting tight ends and O-Linemen in the NFL probably sealed the deal.

That is my line of thinking as well. I stated my opinion and it was not received particularly well.

Oh the joys of being a disillusioned Clone fan. It's like they're trying to clown ******* on purpose.

Iowa is taking an interesting approach to recruiting basically giving recruits an option of committing by a certain date or they will move on. It will either turn into a great tactic or blow up in their face when the verbal commits realize they really did not get to see other schools and feel as though they were pressured when they really werent ready to commit. Some will likely be taking official visits this fall to other schools even though they already committed. Plus where will recruits stand if Iowa wins 5 or fewer games? Good job out of Iowa but its a lllloooonnnngggg time to February. I put the over-under on decommits by February at 3.

It can take years...

Before other Iowa State fans come in with some "we didn't want him anyway" BS let me say this is very troubling. I'm not floored that a quality TE or OL from the state would chose Iowa but we're getting killed by Iowa in recruiting when presumably we should have made some progress, especially with a kid with a bio like this. I see none. In fact I see a step backward (if not four) in our recruiting. Where's the Iowa high school relationship building? There's no evidence of any "fence mending" from the Chizik disaster that I can see. I know you guys like to laugh at ISU's expense so if you want to laugh hysterically check out our offer list. We're competing with ZERO BCS programs (unless you count that juggernaut Wake Forest).

As usual Iowa is getting the last laugh...

if not decades to change/alter overall perceptions. Fry coming to Iowa when he did was a godsend, in that college FB started to receive greater attention and TV exposure at a time when Iowa got decent/good. Iowa has won 5 conference titles in the lifetimes of the parents of the in-state players and in the last decade played in 2 BCS bowls and finished in the Top 10 4 times. Iowa certainly does not get every kid in-state it wants, but it at least gets Iowa in the door with most every kid in state.

KF bringing Reese Morgan on board a while back was shrewd and overlooked by some fans. Morgan is a good coach, and also had long-time relationships across the state from his many years coaching Iowa high school football.

...this ****ing sucks...

Iowa is taking an interesting approach to recruiting basically giving recruits an option of committing by a certain date or they will move on. It will either turn into a great tactic or blow up in their face when the verbal commits realize they really did not get to see other schools and feel as though they were pressured when they really werent ready to commit. Some will likely be taking official visits this fall to other schools even though they already committed. Plus where will recruits stand if Iowa wins 5 or fewer games? Good job out of Iowa but its a lllloooonnnngggg time to February. I put the over-under on decommits by February at 3.

or it could work great and not lose out on other guys b/c we were recruiting a guy all year just for him to pick someone else and we have to give a schollie to a walk on caliber athlete.

How in the hell do you know all of this? Are you an insider with the program? Oh wait, you totally just pulled all of this out of your ***.

Man, I swear that you are just a Hawkeye fan with an alt just clowing us all the time, while sitting back and just laughing at us all taking the bait. It seems impossible for somebody to be as stupid as you without doing it on purpose.

Wisnieski is on record saying he won't flip-flop and I believe him. Are you saying we'll get one of the other ten Iowa commits w/ ISU offers to flip? We won't. We're getting killed by Iowa right now and we shouldn't be. It's that ****ing simple.

Well at the same time ISU was behind the 8 ball in offering Wisnieski too. So that could have upset him just like Bevins may have been upset that Iowa was late in offering him.

Latest posts