Nebraska's new biggest rival?

There is no doubt the Big 12 move hurt you guys. Hope you find us a better fit. However, please understand that you will have to change some to fit into the Big Ten. In other words, it has to be more than just football.

There is no doubt the Big 12 move hurt you guys. Hope you find us a better fit. However, please understand that you will have to change some to fit into the Big Ten. In other words, it has to be more than just football.

We're not just about football. In addition to our championships in football (5), we have national championships in volleyball (3), men's gymnastics (8), bowling (5), and track & field (3). We've been competitive lately in volleyball, track & field, women's basketball, baseball, bowling, and a few others.

I don't think we'll have to change too much. I think that's why we were accepted as Big 10 members.

However, given that football was the big driving force behind all this conference brewhaha, we certainly are no slouches there.

Those bowling championships are really going to do a wonder for the bigten's prestige.

And in addition to wrestling, Iowa has national championships in which sports?

Come on, obviously I'm not trying to go around peddling bowling some huge thing. I'm just saying that NU does have a deep and diverse athletic dept. No need to get sarcastic.

Nebraska does very well in the Directors Cup standings, the last few years finishing in the 20s.

Both Iowa and Nebraska need a solid border rivalry. I'm biased, but Iowa vs. Nebby is the most appealing match-up. I'd also say that Nebraska/Penn St. is intriguing as well.

And in addition to wrestling, Iowa has national championships in which sports?

Come on, obviously I'm not trying to go around peddling bowling some huge thing. I'm just saying that NU does have a deep and diverse athletic dept. No need to get sarcastic.

I've heard our chess team is lights out.

When you look at it from a historical perspective, Nebraska v. Penn State may look like the bigger rivalry. Two historic programs with 800 wins look good for nostalgia. However, I don't think that is the current reality.

Nebraska is not the Nebraska of the 80's. As far as measuring programs today, the best rivalry that will come out of this addition will be Iowa v. Nebraska. Even when we were in two different conferences there was animosity between fan bases.

The geographical factor, and (at least in the last 10 years) the strength/quality of the programs make Iowa the better rivalry for Nebraska than any of the other options.

I personally look forward to the new rivalry. I can't stand Nebraska.

When you look at it from a historical perspective, Nebraska v. Penn State may look like the bigger rivalry. Two historic programs with 800 wins look good for nostalgia. However, I don't think that is the current reality.

Nebraska is not the Nebraska of the 80's. As far as measuring programs today, the best rivalry that will come out of this addition will be Iowa v. Nebraska. Even when we were in two different conferences there was animosity between fan bases.

The geographical factor, and (at least in the last 10 years) the strength/quality of the programs make Iowa the better rivalry for Nebraska than any of the other options.

I personally look forward to the new rivalry. I can't stand Nebraska.

You are completely right ! Nebraska is far off from the 80's...we did have a major Bill CallaSHAM problem...but so far...I'd say Bo is turning them around faster then alot of us thought he would

It'll be important for the first Iowa-Neb matchup to be a great game to really set this rivalry in stone. The home crowd really needs to show up and be obnoxious and the away team needs to bring a lot of fans as well.

Nebraska's biggest rival has been, and will continue to be, illiteracy.

You my friend are on fire today.

Its hard to say who the biggest rivary will turn out to be. Ia, PSU, Wisc should all be pretty god ones i would think. There is also that bad Alamo Blood with UM, although they will likely not play each year.

Nebraska's biggest rival has been, and will continue to be, illiteracy.

Wouldnt this have been funnier had our biggest rival been literacy? The way this joke is stated now, NU is the literate ones fighting agianst illiteracy which is the way most civilized nations work.

I would love for Iowa to be Nebraska's new year end rival, but remember Wisconsin currently doesn't have a set year end rival, so it makes sense for them to play Nebraska. However, Wisconsin-Minnesota is a bigger rivalry game than Iowa-Minnesota, so as far as I'm concerned we can just swap. Let Minny and Wisconsin play in late November each year and we play Nebraska.

Penn State has an outside chance though too because of the great tradition of the 2 schools and their rivalry with Michigan State is not a real one and they would gladly let that one go.

I will be thoroughly disappointed if the Big10 designates NU vs WI as a year end rivalry. Iowa or Penn St is much more intriguing.

Also, the lack of split national championships in 1994 is still brought up by Penn State fans.

I agree Iowa vs. Nebraska will be hot and great, but don't overlook the existing bad blood between the Huskers and the Lions.

'94 PSU kills '94 UNL

Latest posts