Nebraska Hires

Putting the clown between my posts on ignore was a great decision. I am never once tempted to click "view post"

Exactly, it makes no sense whatsoever, except that Lincoln is a nicer town (supposedly) than Corvallis. They conveniently forgot that Corvallis is closer to the ocean, mountains, west coast talent, and its in a better conference.

But the media is stoked, he'll be nice to them and Bo wasn't always nice to them.

I guess that the 2* and low 3* recruits that Riley brings in will fit in nicely in the B1G West, unfortunately.

No, not even close dude. Corvallis is a very nice place. Google it.

No, not even close dude. Corvallis is a very nice place. Google it.

I unfortunately have to got to Lincoln from time to time, it is not a nice town. It is a typical Midwest town with chain restaurants and absolutely nothing special about it. It has no charm of a college town as the campus is ugly and not prominent.

Exactly, it makes no sense whatsoever, except that Lincoln is a nicer town (supposedly) than Corvallis. They conveniently forgot that Corvallis is closer to the ocean, mountains, west coast talent, and its in a better conference.

Uh, Corvallis is like basically on the foothills of the mountains. It is a picturesque place (though I like Eugene more). Lincoln is basically like someone merged half of Wichita with Fort Dodge and Marshalltown and added a big university. Anyone on the radio who says Lincoln is nicer than Corvallis has never been there because he is likely some broke **** prole who is still mad about the conference realignment because he can't go to Kansas, Kansas State or Iowa State anymore.

I unfortunately have to got to Lincoln from time to time, it is not a nice town. It is a typical Midwest town with chain restaurants and absolutely nothing special about it. It has no charm of a college town as the campus is ugly and not prominent.

Come on dude, fans of Soviet era architecture can see the charm of the campus.

Reports on twitter are that Ed Orgeron might be coming to Lincoln with Riley

I am really surprised someone hasnt given Ed O a head job recently.

He immediately got player buyin and better effort at USC after Kiffin was let go. Maybe is wasnt Ed O as much as everyone even players hated Kiffin, I dont know

if you're into all things schadenfreude, ya gotta be loving this hire. Riley can only carry Pelini's clipboard. 93-80 overall at Oregon State, 58-63 in conference? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Meanwhile, in Iowa City, a D1 football coach is leaning back in his $1,000 office chair and smiling.

So what you're saying is he has a medium cost office chair. I work for an office furniture manufacturer and we make many models that retail for more than $1000. Our high-end chairs are in the $1800 range, and there are other manufacturers that charge over $2000 for their high-end chairs. No - you cannot get these chairs at WalMart; the ones you get there are absolute junk.

To give an example of the character of Mike Riley, a local news guy did this huge story on a rape allegation about his players from over a decade ago that never went anywhere. When Mike Riley was confronted about it, not only did he agree to speak about it, he also asked the victim if she would speak to his team about her experience in the hopes of teaching those young men.
Riley's a lot like KF, except more personable.
Such a class act that at the time of incident he said that two players on his team who admitted to touching an over intoxicated girl had made "a bad choice" and suspended them 2 games.

7 hours of sex assault by four guys gets two games. Just a "bad choice" I guess.

Exactly. It's just a large town with nothing distinguishable other than a large football stadium.

Uh, Corvallis is like basically on the foothills of the mountains. It is a picturesque place (though I like Eugene more). Lincoln is basically like someone merged half of Wichita with Fort Dodge and Marshalltown and added a big university. Anyone on the radio who says Lincoln is nicer than Corvallis has never been there because he is likely some broke **** prole who is still mad about the conference realignment because he can't go to Kansas, Kansas State or Iowa State anymore.

Yeah, I could be wrong about that, never been to Oregon.

Living near Omaha, of course this came on the radio and overrode normal programming as basically a "special report". First thing I said to my co-worker was, "who the F is Mike Riley?" You never know what could happen, though. Kirk had a very uninspiring record at Maine as head coach, but ended up giving Iowa a few good years, a long time ago. I can just about guarantee this guy ain't gonna win at least 9 games for 7 straight years, though.

Last edited:
Such a class act that at the time of incident he said that two players on his team who admitted to touching an over intoxicated girl had made "a bad choice" and suspended them 2 games.

7 hours of sex assault by four guys gets two games. Just a "bad choice" I guess.

At the time, what with the victim refusing to press charges and details of the incident murky at best, it at least kind of made sense. But moreover, the fact that when Riley learned more about it and the harm to the victim, he changed his tune. How many FB coaches can man up, admit they didn't take the right action at the time, and go back and try to give a voice to the victim so that this kind of stuff won't happen again?

His initial response was too light. I agree. Riley agrees. What makes him a class act is he admits the mistake and tries to make it right.

Yeah, I could be wrong about that, never been to Oregon.

There is not a single spot in Oregon west of the Cascades that is worse than the best place in Nebraska. He could be from Boring, Oregon, and it would still be better than boring Nebraska.

Corvallis is a sleepy little college town nestled in the foothills of the coastal range. It's right in the middle of wine country, and is a reasonable drive to the Cascades, the Coast, or Portland.

But moreover, the fact that when Riley learned more about it and the harm to the victim, he changed his tune. How many FB coaches can man up, admit they didn't take the right action at the time, and go back and try to give a voice to the victim so that this kind of stuff won't happen again?

His initial response was too light. I agree. Riley agrees. What makes him a class act is he admits the mistake and tries to make it right.
I do not believe he ever reached out to her. Admirable to say it to a reporter, not so much.

But the media is stoked, he'll be nice to them and Bo wasn't always nice to them.

I guess that the 2* and low 3* recruits that Riley brings in will fit in nicely in the B1G West, unfortunately.
I feel your pain, bro. That's a force 5 disaster of a HCing hire. If I didn't know any better, I'd think Eickhorst was from Oklahoma.

Latest posts