Nebraska Hires

I don't know much about Riley so not calling it a bad hire. That said, it makes zero sense to me that the reasons for Bo's termination was the fact that he couldn't win the big games and consistently couldn't get over 9 wins a season. Riley has as bad a record as Bo did in both those categories and at age 61 he's most likely not a long term hire, so I'm curious as to what the long term plan is.

This. The fanbase is ******. I'm ******. The Board of Regents and Boosters of substance are ******. I don't give a damn about his on field demeanor, couldn't care less. This flat out sucks.

Riley, Eichorst, and Perlman all need to be fired. Yesterday.

3338768-tyrone-bigs-meme-generator-say-what-003017.jpeg

This. The fanbase is ******. I'm ******. The Board of Regents and Boosters of substance are ******. I don't give a damn about his on field demeanor, couldn't care less. This flat out sucks.

if you're into all things schadenfreude, ya gotta be loving this hire. Riley can only carry Pelini's clipboard. 93-80 overall at Oregon State, 58-63 in conference? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Meanwhile, in Iowa City, a D1 football coach is leaning back in his $1,000 office chair and smiling.

I didn't see it coming. Would never have guessed. Riley is a good coach. I don't think you can fully judge him based on what happens as OSU. OSU does not have the same advantages as Nebraska. He's had some damn good teams. He can recruit outside of the Midwest and from what I've heard he has the intangibles that are agreeable with those salt of the earth midwesterners over in Nebraska.

Doesn't Mike Riley run a pro style offense? Didn't they already try this experiment before and fail miserably? They would have been better off given Paul Johnson a big fat check to leave Georgia Tech or Ken @#$%%^ to leave Navy to run a gimmicky triple option attack.

As a Hawkeye living in Omaha I can confirm the fanbase is imploding. However, for whatever reason, several of my coworkers have already progressed through to the irrational exuberance phase and are now talking and retweeting whatever Pollyanna statistics and quotes from new outlets about his personality that they can find about Riley.

Once again, our AD is asleep at the wheel while all the good head coaching candidates are taken by other teams.

Hey pal, he had 6 years where he finished second or third in the conference and never managed to win it so I'm sure he will fit right in with where Nebraska is looking to go.

That was out of left field. The national guys seem to like this pick. I don't know.....i bet the Husker fan base is imploding

They are Imploding, and I kinda love watching it.

Honestly, not a bad hire IMO. Personality-wise, he seems like a good fit. Ya just never know....A lot depends on who he brings in as assistants.

I think it could be a sneaky good hire. Riley has had some very good teams mixed in with some bad ones at place that is not a hot bed.

This might buy time to get Frost some more seasoning.

On the surface it is a headscratcher, but dig a bit deeper. Riley was a NFL head coach and is bound to have recruiting ties to the West coast; which was pretty fertile ground for Osborne. Plus, he's a 'Bama alum and former player. He probably has some SEC area recruiting ties. But if not, Cali is almost just as fertile.

If I was a kNU fan, i'd be confused, but outside looking in, I can see the merit.

On the surface it is a headscratcher, but dig a bit deeper. Riley was a NFL head coach and is bound to have recruiting ties to the West coast; which was pretty fertile ground for Osborne. Plus, he's a 'Bama alum and former player. He probably has some SEC area recruiting ties. But if not, Cali is almost just as fertile.

If I was a kNU fan, i'd be confused, but outside looking in, I can see the merit.

He was a bust in the NFL. So I'm not sure that was a big selling point on his CV.

Latest posts