Nebraska Hires

Wow.....93-80 career at OSU.

He did have an NFL stint and we all know how that worked for Nebby last time.

He's also 61. Maybe Nebby wants the next dinosaur in Bill Snyder?

Didn't see that one coming. I'm sure Scott Frost is confused too. His offense just embarrassed Mike Riley. But hey it could work out I guess. Or it could set Nebraska back even further. It's not a slam dunk hire, that's for sure.

That was out of left field. The national guys seem to like this pick. I don't know.....i bet the Husker fan base is imploding

Didn't see that one coming. I'm sure Scott Frost is confused too. His offense just embarrassed Mike Riley. But hey it could work out I guess. Or it could set Nebraska back even further. It's not a slam dunk hire, that's for sure.

I think it could be a sneaky good hire. Riley has had some very good teams mixed in with some bad ones at place that is not a hot bed.

This might buy time to get Frost some more seasoning.

He did win 9 games in 4 of those 14 years...

He was getting pushed at osu. This is amazingly funny news.

hope for tresses or bielema get old guy who couldn't win in his hometown. They should have targeted rhoads, same principle

I love it based on the fact the fan base didn't get the pick of the litter they were expecting.

LOL Nebby fans not happy with Eichorst from what I can't gather so far. I don't understand the hire either. I think this is good for the Hawks somehow..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Riley

LOL! Ok, the guy isn't a BAD coach, but is he seriously going to be an upgrade over Pelini, or even as good? Riley's resume actually kind of reminds me of KF's.. Took over a bad program, built it up some, had a 3 year run (2006-08) with some success and then dropped off....

Yeah, I can't imagine this is quite what Husker Nation had in mind when Pelini was shown the door.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Riley

LOL! Ok, the guy isn't a BAD coach, but is he seriously going to be an upgrade over Pelini, or even as good? Riley's resume actually kind of reminds me of KF's.. Took over a bad program, built it up some, had a 3 year run (2006-08) with some success and then dropped off....

Yeah, I can't imagine this is quite what Husker Nation had in mind when Pelini was shown the door.

He's the anti-Pelini, at least in terms of sideline antics.

I think it could be a sneaky good hire. Riley has had some very good teams mixed in with some bad ones at place that is not a hot bed.

This might buy time to get Frost some more seasoning.

It's not like Nebraska or the Midwest in general is considered a hotbed...

Mike Riley is a helluva football coach, and a class act.

I don't know if he's going to work out doing better than Pelini, but he should be able to render similar results and do it with a heck of a lot more class than Pelini.

To give an example of the character of Mike Riley, a local news guy did this huge story on a rape allegation about his players from over a decade ago that never went anywhere. When Mike Riley was confronted about it, not only did he agree to speak about it, he also asked the victim if she would speak to his team about her experience in the hopes of teaching those young men.

Riley's a lot like KF, except more personable.

I don't know much about Riley so not calling it a bad hire. That said, it makes zero sense to me that the reasons for Bo's termination was the fact that he couldn't win the big games and consistently couldn't get over 9 wins a season. Riley has as bad a record as Bo did in both those categories and at age 61 he's most likely not a long term hire, so I'm curious as to what the long term plan is.