NCAA Tournament Chances

Anyone saying they love Iowa’s chances hasn’t looked at the schedule.
Why do you say he is one and done in the tournament when 2 of the 3 times he's won the first game?

LMAO that’s what 1 and done means. Really PC???? Wow!!!

Someone posted not too long ago that the NCAA officially doesn't count play-in games as first round anymore. Try to have some standards, people.

That they do.

People fail to realize that even though there are more NCAA invites to hand out now than ever before, there are also more eligible teams than ever before, more conferences than ever before, and more Automatic Qualifiers than ever before. 68 teams out of 353 total teams make the dance. 32 of those 68 teams are Automatic Qualifiers who won their conference tournament. So there are only 36 at-large bids for the remaining 317 teams to fight over. Granted, a chunk of those teams have zero chance of an at-large birth because of their conference strength.

Someone posted not too long ago that the NCAA officially doesn't count play-in games as first round anymore. Try to have some standards, people.

Coach Steve said that UCLA made the tournament last year. Of course, they lost in the First Four to ... St. Bonaventure. :)

DYCnTbmUQAEphvS.jpg

Thats just a naming thing because the majority of fans are too stupid to comprehend how it works and get confused when people refer to the thursday/friday games as the second round. So now they just call the opening round "the first four" as a cute way to bookend the Final Four.

It's like inviting someone to a party out of pity.

Then some go on to make the Sweet 16 a la La Salle(2013), Tennessee(2014 - beat Iowa in OT), & Syracuse(2018) or.... Final Four like VCU(2011).

Several others have gone on to win in the "First Round" as well before losing in the round of 32.

This is always so stupid - find me one publication that says Iowa wasn't in the dance in 2014 - find me 1 person who isn't a Hawk troller who says they weren't. The banner at Carver says they were, wiki says they were, ESPN says they were, Sports Reference says they were, CBS says they were. If every where says they were, I've never understood why fans of their own team can't accept that.

also, just google it....pretty simple, or let me google it for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=was+the+iowa+basketball+team+in+the+ncaa+tournament+in+2014

Then some go on to make the Sweet 16 a la La Salle(2013), Tennessee(2014 - beat Iowa in OT), & Syracuse(2018) or.... Final Four like VCU(2011).

Several others have gone on to win in the "First Round" as well before losing in the round of 32.
It's like the nerdy types not being popular, but then you end up working for them.

This is always so stupid - find me one publication that says Iowa wasn't in the dance in 2014 - find me 1 person who isn't a Hawk troller who says they weren't. The banner at Carver says they were, wiki says they were, ESPN says they were, Sports Reference says they were, CBS says they were. If every where says they were, I've never understood why fans of their own team can't accept that.

also, just google it....pretty simple, or let me google it for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=was+the+iowa+basketball+team+in+the+ncaa+tournament+in+2014
You might be taking this a lil too siriously.

*Play-in Games
If the loser of the play in game was able to go to the NIT I would agree that it only counts if you win. Also, the winner gets an 11 seed I believe. So isn't the committee saying that they believe that you are one of the best 48 teams? 20 teams in the NCAA that are below you.
Not that's it's any consolation prize, it's still a loss

Latest posts