NCAA Tournament Chances

You need to quit looking at the overall record because the committee is smarter than that now. What they do in conference and conference tourney will determine

No way, no how Iowa would get left out of the tournament if it was selected today. Iowa doesn't have a bad loss, and has several Quad 1 wins. You are clueless if you think they would be left out right now today.

As I said after 10 more B1G maybe they won't make it, but right now they would easily be in.

No way, no how Iowa would get left out of the tournament if it was selected today. Iowa doesn't have a bad loss, and has several Quad 1 wins. You are clueless if you think they would be left out right now today.

As I said after 10 more B1G maybe they won't make it, but right now they would easily be in.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

This was yesterdays. If you notice Iowa doesn't have an up or down arrow next to it's name. Meaning losing 2 Quad 1 games doesn't really hurt. Winning sure would have helped them tho. Iowa is in the dance easily right now. They can play their way out real damn easy tho.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

This was yesterdays. If you notice Iowa doesn't have an up or down arrow next to it's name. Meaning losing 2 Quad 1 games doesn't really hurt. Winning sure would have helped them tho. Iowa is in the dance easily right now. They can play their way out real damn easy tho.

I have said that numerous times that Iowa is EASILY in the NCAA right now today. I am only saying will that still be the case after 10 more B1G games?

I have said that numerous times that Iowa is EASILY in the NCAA right now today. I am only saying will that still be the case after 10 more B1G games?
Again (I stated this in another thread) bracketoligists LOVE the B1G. Still have Indiana, Ohio State and Nebraska solidly in. They are all well below us in conference standings and have all been trending the wrong direction. We have winnable road games on the second half of the our conference schedule. We have home games remaining against several teams below us.

Fran has a history of collapsing in February (2014, 2016). We played well down the stretch in 2012 and 2015, a little bit in 2017 sans a crushing home loss to Illinois that denied us a bid. How we will finish in 2019 will depend on how we are coached. This is on Fran now.

Again (I stated this in another thread) bracketoligists LOVE the B1G. Still have Indiana, Ohio State and Nebraska solidly in. They are all well below us in conference standings and have all been trending the wrong direction. We have winnable road games on the second half of the our conference schedule. We have home games remaining against several teams below us.

Fran has a history of collapsing in February (2014, 2016). We played well down the stretch in 2012 and 2015, a little bit in 2017 sans a crushing home loss to Illinois that denied us a bid. How we will finish in 2019 will depend on how we are coached. This is on Fran now.

And how does it make you feel that "this is on Fran now?" :eek:

It's not just the Big Ten being highly regarded, other conferences are having down years and the mid- to low-major leagues are struggling. The PAC-12 is a two-bid league right now.

Guys, we have enough crappy opponents on the schedule to get at least 21 wins. Maybe add one more win in BTT and that should be enough to make the NCAAs. Am I right?

@ Indiana
Northwestern at home
@ Rutgers
Indiana at home
Rutgers at home

All of those games should be wins, right?
Not so sure about it. Would not think Indiana or Rutgers on the road are W's.

Guys, we have enough crappy opponents on the schedule to get at least 21 wins. Maybe add one more win in BTT and that should be enough to make the NCAAs. Am I right?

@ Indiana
Northwestern at home
@ Rutgers
Indiana at home
Rutgers at home

All of those games should be wins, right?
My guess is they lose 4 of the 5 road games remaining and they lose to Michigan and Maryland at home. Finish 9-11 in conference play. Would probably need 2 BTT wins to get in from there. Some of these other BIG teams are so Jekyl and Hyde that it really is impossible to predict.

My guess is they lose 4 of the 5 road games remaining and they lose to Michigan and Maryland at home. Finish 9-11 in conference play. Would probably need 2 BTT wins to get in from there. Some of these other BIG teams are so Jekyl and Hyde that it really is impossible to predict.

I think Iowa is in at 9-11 with or without any BTT wins. Go look at the teams they consider on the "bubble" or last 4 in/out, the resume's are WAY worse than Iowa's.

And how does it make you feel that "this is on Fran now?" :eek:
He's been in the conference long enough now to know how to navigate the month of February, for better or worse. The deeper we get into February/March, the more the coaches take over. That's why the same ones keep rising to the top every year, regardless of how December/January may have gone.

Fran and the players have put us in position. Now we find out who has made the adjustments the second time around the league and which freshmen have hit the wall and which NBA prospects have one eye on their post collegiate careers. And that's on the coaches to navigate that.

Take this week for example. We have a five day break between games, then a home game when we do play. A smart coach would know how to make the best use, or non-use, of that time.

We sit at a solid six or seven seed in most bracketoligists. We have home games against several teams below us in the standings. We have road games against teams who have been scuffling. We have no Sparty, no Purdue, Michigan and Maryland at home. If Fran screws this up he is truly clueless. And a real ahtletic director would take notice.

If they upset michigan friday, feel like they could get away with 4 wins and 5 loses to finish out and still be selected for ncaa.

Either way the indiana game could be a tough follow up during a 0-3 skid. Feel like players really could use something to build back confidence with.

I'm not even sure it's that. It could be a one bid league. Bracket guys have both Washington and ASU in, I'm not so sure about that.

Between the Pac-12, AAC, and Big East, it's a down year for all 3 of those leagues which have sent a LOT of teams tot he NCAA's recently. You could see as many as 9 or 10 Big 10 teams, 7 or 8 Big 12 teams, 7 or 8 SEC teams, etc.

or more mid-majors this year instead. crystal ball sez so. committee is overdue to bless them

Could definitely see that, especially because I think NET is favorable to the mid majors.

Something tells me they aren't coming from the Missouri Valley. Which non power 5 conference has been most impressive this year?

I look at it this way, very easy. It’s 50/50 either we’re in or we’re not. With this team. I cannot tell. Like the ‘08-‘10 football team. What Iowa are we going to get? Oh wait this is basketball. Shit.

Fran doesn't really seem to go very far in the conference tournament, and if he has made the NCAA tournament its been one and done. They might not make the NCAA tournament, but if they do they appear to have enough talent to make some noise.

Fran doesn't really seem to go very far in the conference tournament, and if he has made the NCAA tournament its been one and done. They might not make the NCAA tournament, but if they do they appear to have enough talent to make some noise.

Why do you say he is one and done in the tournament when 2 of the 3 times he's won the first game?

Latest posts