QB: B+
RB: D+
WR/TE: B
OL: B+

DL: C-
LB: A-
CB: A-
S: B

I think it's clear who has more talent between the two teams star, and it sure as **** ain't Iowa State.

So you think isu will have 67% of the all conference linebackers? Seems reasonable.

He might be correct here. It will not be an easy game against ISU for several reasons. Even at Kinnick.

We are practicing throwing underneath quite a bit. Well, a ton. If we do this against their linebackers, it could get interesting. I would expect our OL to give us some time to throw, but throw where?

I think we probably win. I think it will be closer than most think. I think ISU will be ok this year. Not as good as they might be expecting, but they should be above average. We should be also. Both teams don't have much room for error

So ISU is probably a bit too optimistic, and we are a bit too pessimistic.

That's what I think. Add another 20 cents, and you could get a cup of coffee.

ISU is deep for the 1st time in a long time. We will be red shirting every freshman except maybe the kicker from Ankeny. Here is a quick overview without going into schemes.

OL - return 7 players that have taken significant snaps(200+) including the center(farniok) who started as a RFR last year. He has put on 20 lbs since last year and will play at 290. The OL will average 300+ and will be very athletic as a unit.

TE - Return 3 with experience and have one JC player coming off a RS year who appears will be a receiving threat(Brun). this is the weakest link on the OL, but is expect to be an improvement over last year. all TEs are good blockers.

WR- Lenz is the leading returnee who has played for 4 years. Gary(whom I believe should have been released) returns along with West and Horne. All 4 have extensive experience. Bundrage is a RS freshman with good size who has emerged as a #1 as well.

RB-The deepest position on the field with the return of S. Johnson. He and White will be #1 & 1A. Johnson is a home run back with terrific moves in space, while White is steady and fast. While gained 800 yds with 7 tds last year after Johnson went down in game 4. Jeff Woody is the short yardage back at 245 lbs and is tough as nails. Nealey and Standard are coming off RS years, and would probably start in any other year. They all will play.

QB- Starter will be named tomorrow between Jantz and Barnett. Jantz has come back from injury and is much bigger at 225lbs and can go downfield. Barnett is a strong game manager, but does not have the home run ability of Jantz. Both won 3 games last year.

Defense

Interior DL - We go 6 deep on the interior. 5 of the six have extensive experience with the McDonough returning for his SR year. All 6 are around 300lbs.

DE- Starters will be Maggitt & Scott. Maggitt is returning from injury and was a starter last year before getting injured. Scott has seen extensive time over the last 2 years. David Iring is the beast at DE. He is a true sophomore and comes in at 6'7 and 280 lbs. he is athletic and he played as a true freshman and is only going to get better. morrissey is a junco transfer and will provide good depth.

LB- Knott and Klein are both beasts. Both are projected as 1st team all conf. Knott now weighs in at 252lbs & Klein is at 248. Swartz is expected to be a playmaker this year and is very athletic. He will play the middle.

DB - Reeves and Watson are the starters and are the two fastest players on the team. Watson will be a 1st year starter and Reeves has started for 2 years.

Safety - Starters will be Washington and Broomfield. Washington is a playmaker and both have extensive experience.

Gosh sounds by your description not only will the psychclones win the Big 12 but maybe challenge for a BCS title shot! You've clearly plugged in to the Matrix dude you are as delusional as Neo.

Once again, ISU will not be an easy team for us to beat this year. If they are, you can all come back and tell me I was wrong.

We'll have to blitz most likely, and we'll get burned at least once by them.

Betcha a dollar. That way if I win, someone might actually pay me.

Expecting clones to start the year 4-0..... The folks that think the hawks will win 9 games are in for a rude awakening. Even with one of the easiest schedules in a BCS conference, the hawks face too many challenges to overcome.

Good gawd somebody quote him, just so we can streamline wicked credit his way if and when his totally possible prediction comes to pass....

Here is how I would rate Iowa State's units-

QB: C
RB: B+
WR/TE: C
OL: B-

DL: D+
LB: A
CB: B-
S: C+

As opposed to Iowa's-
QB: B+
RB: D+
WR/TE: B
OL: B+

DL: C-
LB: A-
CB: A-
S: B

I think it's clear who has more talent between the two teams star, and it sure as **** ain't Iowa State.

We will certainly see on Sept 8, but You are going to be disappointed.

I seriously doubt it

Hawk fans are a bit comical because many believe that normal issues that a football team would deal with don`t apply to them. Do you think it was a coincidence that both coordinators at Iowa decided to leave? Do you think that the youth that is going to play on the DL, that couldn`t supplant a bad DL last year, is going to magically be a strength? Do you think that the offense will be humming like a machine with a new system to learn and implement? The folks that believe this is going to be business as usual, are kidding themselves. Games are won in the trenches, and ISU was stronger than Iowa in the trenches last year and will be better this year. Iowa will be weaker in the trenches then they were last year, at least for the 1st half of the season. Home field is great, but it won`t be enough.

We will certainly see on Sept 8, but You are going to be disappointed.

I got ISU at 5 wins. They will win 2 of 3 non conference (losing at Iowa where they havent won in a decade). They will win 3 conference games, just like Rhoads first 3 years (beating Texas Tech at home, Baylor at home, and Kansas on the road). They might get a 6th win upsetting someone else at home.

I got ISU at 5 wins. They will win 2 of 3 non conference (losing at Iowa where they havent won in a decade). They will win 3 conference games, just like Rhoads first 3 years (beating Texas Tech at home, Baylor at home, and Kansas on the road). They might get a 6th win upsetting someone else at home.

That is exactly where I have the hawks....with an extremely weak schedule.

That is exactly where I have the hawks....with an extremely weak schedule.

Cool, we can compare at the end of the year and see who is closer. BTW what do you have ISU at? If you have them beating Iowa, I'm sure you have them 3-0 heading into conference play. How many conference wins you got them at, and who?

I love when clone fans tell us not to be optimistic about the hawks. You're the one saying ISU will win in a place they haven't won in 10 years like the game has already been played. Don't let the 6-7 season go to your head, Cloney.

Here's a link to the observations of their scrimmage on Sat.

Defense prevails in 90-minute scrimmage | NIU Today

From article:

“The defense is more experienced; they are obviously ahead [of the offense] and I would be more worried if they weren’t,â€￾ Doeren said. “The defense did what they were supposed to do. They tackled well, they played physical, they got penetration; I was happy to see them come out the way they did.â€￾

“I didn’t think the offense was ready early,â€￾ Doeren said. “They had some offsides, gave up a safety. Offensively, they were at a disadvantage without Perez and Martel. I wanted it to be a day to look at the run game and we purposely held out Perez and Martel, who both have had great camps, for that reason. I wanted to see us respond in the run game.â€￾

Cool, we can compare at the end of the year and see who is closer. BTW what do you have ISU at? If you have them beating Iowa, I'm sure you have them 3-0 heading into conference play. How many conference wins you got them at, and who?

I have the clones at 7-5, with wins over TT, KU, Baylor, and WVU in conference. Maybe a win over KSU, but we can`t seem to beat those guys.

Here's a link to the observations of their scrimmage on Sat.

Defense prevails in 90-minute scrimmage | NIU Today

From article:

“The defense is more experienced; they are obviously ahead [of the offense] and I would be more worried if they weren’t,†Doeren said. “The defense did what they were supposed to do. They tackled well, they played physical, they got penetration; I was happy to see them come out the way they did.â€

“I didn’t think the offense was ready early,†Doeren said. “They had some offsides, gave up a safety. Offensively, they were at a disadvantage without Perez and Martel. I wanted it to be a day to look at the run game and we purposely held out Perez and Martel, who both have had great camps, for that reason. I wanted to see us respond in the run game.â€
Hey, thanks for bringing some info about what the thread is supposed to be about.

I will take 10 points for a grand. Not only will you not win by 2 touchdowns, you won't win the game. Your DL is going to get blown up, and the pressure will be on the offense to make up for it. With the team trying to get comfortable with the new OC, the clones will take advantage of their familiarity with Davis.

clown fan so confident about isu winning the game, how horrible ia will be

but won't make a bet without points......once a clown, always a clown. these guys won't bet the iowa game straight up, ever.

clown fan so confident about isu winning the game, how horrible ia will be

but won't make a bet without points......once a clown, always a clown. these guys won't bet the iowa game straight up, ever.

The poster made a rediculous prediction about 2 TD win for Iowa, and I called him/her out. You don`t like it, then that is your problem.

Latest posts