NCAA '11

why spend $60 for a game with no license what so ever? all it has going for it is the Euphoria physics engine (the same one used in GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption, should be a really fun time in a football game). I predict this game will be in the bargin bin before too long.

I hear what you're saying. I had about 30 games for my ps2 and never paid over $30 dollars for a game until last year. However I'm planning on buying this game for ps3 the day it comes out.
IMO if you like Madden you have to buy NCAA. Maybe they fixed it for ps3 but in every version of ps2 Madden games the draftable players (not imported from the NCAA game) suck and the whole NFL falls off after a few years.

why spend $60 for a game with no license what so ever? all it has going for it is the Euphoria physics engine (the same one used in GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption, should be a really fun time in a football game). I predict this game will be in the bargin bin before too long.

It was 50, but you are right the physics is alright, but they have so many bugs with the game including pass interference not being called, your teammates tackling you, funky camera angles, the inability to field kicks, magical interceptions,and if you play only a 5 minuted game there is guaranteed to be at least 12 total interceptions thrown from both sides combined.

I hear what you're saying. I had about 30 games for my ps2 and never paid over $30 dollars for a game until last year. However I'm planning on buying this game for ps3 the day it comes out.
IMO if you like Madden you have to buy NCAA. Maybe they fixed it for ps3 but in every version of ps2 Madden games the draftable players (not imported from the NCAA game) suck and the whole NFL falls off after a few years.

He's talking about BackBreaker, not NCAA '11. Trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/get-in-backbreaker/63487/

Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of all the BackBreaker hate in this thread. Have you guys played the demo? It's fun!

I haven't heard any reviews from reputable sources yet, so I'm reserving final judgment until the game comes out tomorrow. I'm not saying everyone should run out and buy it on Tuesday, but at least give it a chance. Download the demo.

Honestly, it's kind of refreshing to see someone taking another crack at EA's football monopoly. Madden/NCAA Football (they are the same game, Madden just has a bigger budget) has become incredibly stagnant over the past 5 or 6 years, and I'm sick of it. BackBreaker looks like it could, potentially, be better than Madden. If your primary hang-up is that BackBreaker's developers don't have the millions of dollars to buy the rights to licensed teams, you're kind of a tool. And I mean that in the politest way possible. ;) In any case, BackBreaker looks highly customizable.

BackBreaker Video Game, PlayStation 3 Team Customization Featurette | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

I absolutely, positively, 100% guarantee you that you're probably going to see user-made leagues that reflect the NFL within a month of the game's release that you can download from other players (much in the same way someone names/customizes the NCAA rosters every year).

Seriously, give the game a chance. It looks really promising.

BackBreaker Video Game, Big Game Gameplay | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

He's talking about BackBreaker, not NCAA '11. Trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/get-in-backbreaker/63487/

Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of all the BackBreaker hate in this thread. Have you guys played the demo? It's fun!

I haven't heard any reviews from reputable sources yet, so I'm reserving final judgment until the game comes out tomorrow. I'm not saying everyone should run out and buy it on Tuesday, but at least give it a chance. Download the demo.

Honestly, it's kind of refreshing to see someone taking another crack at EA's football monopoly. Madden/NCAA Football (they are the same game, Madden just has a bigger budget) has become incredibly stagnant over the past 5 or 6 years, and I'm sick of it. BackBreaker looks like it could, potentially, be better than Madden. If your primary hang-up is that BackBreaker's developers don't have the millions of dollars to buy the rights to licensed teams, you're kind of a tool. And I mean that in the politest way possible. ;) In any case, BackBreaker looks highly customizable.

BackBreaker Video Game, PlayStation 3 Team Customization Featurette | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

I absolutely, positively, 100% guarantee you that you're probably going to see user-made leagues that reflect the NFL within a month of the game's release that you can download from other players (much in the same way someone names/customizes the NCAA rosters every year).

Seriously, give the game a chance. It looks really promising.

BackBreaker Video Game, Big Game Gameplay | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

The game was actually released on sat at gamestop. I was stupid enough to actually buy it. The demo was actually pretty easy, but once you get into the road to backbreaker and the leagues its actually extremely hard. And there is not a lot of hatred towards backbreaker on here, its just me that hates it, because i am the only one who was actually stupid enough to buy it.

I'm up for anything that will make EA not so lazy when developing their football games, regardless if the game actually challenges them or not.

I see they threw GT's offense in that montage, but I didn't recognize it at first without one of our D-lineman immediately tackling the ball carrier. :)

Got it last year, first time I played it on first play, iowa vs ISU, Stanzi threw a pick six. Not kidding. I shut it off, and didnt play any solo game on it ever again..played some over Christmas with family.

That was a harbinger for Rick :)

I just saw an ad on the main forums page of this site, advertising some website where you can buy rosters and save $10.

Why the hell would anybody buy a roster file, especially now with the ability to go into the EA Locker and utilize other roster files for no cost? There are people out there who create those rosters for fun and couldn't care less if someone used them...even going as far as to take pride in their rosters.

Just an observation...