Name it Hayden Fry field!

You see it a lot actually in college basketball. Gene Keady has his name on the court at Purdue, not the arena. Same with Coach K at Duke and I THINK Coach Thompson at Georgetown. I don't really have a problem with it and I really don't think it's stupid to do it for a great coach. Naming a bench or a goalpost or a water cooler WOULD be stupid, since I don't want my name on something people put their butts on, or something people kick balls at, or something mobile and temporary like a water cooler.

What about a water tower;)

I think you should name Pavillions or Plazas after the great coaches. Fry has his festival and the practice facility. I'm guessing Ferentz will get something down the road, if he has more great seasons (and hopefully a NCG), and leaves on a good note.

Thought the Rescue Me reference might go over people's heads.

Hayden seems pretty happy with how he has been treated. He knows he is beloved. Name the field after the next coach to win a national championship.

better save something to name after KIrk as he will surpass all previous coaches in wins/ huge wins/ etc etc

2030 Football Budget:
1. Kirk Ferentz Stadium
2. Magic Bus lot

I doubt if I am still around in 2030 and will be happy if I make it to 2020, but it is my hope that someday something will be named for Coach Ferentz. There will be a statue of course, or maybe a trophy.

How about renaming Iowa City and Coralville to "Fry City" and "Ferentzville"! (Kirksville was already taken)

Maybe a statue next to Kinnick would be more appropriate since changing the city names might cost us (the tax payers) too much money and we might not be able to afford a donation to a good cause like the Magic Bus??

I would like to put in my 25 cents worth (inflation) on this. I agree with those who think we should name the FIELD after Coach Fry, like they did with Tom Osborne in Lincoln and other basketball courts across the country. Hayden Fry Field at Kinnick Stadium sounds good to me. I mean, there is Stan Sheriff Field in the UNI-Dome already, and Sheriff never coached in the Dome. He coached at old Lawther Field, which is now the parking lot for the Schindler Education Center.

I'm for leaving the field un-named and going with statues along side Nile's...turn it into an outdoor museum of Hawkeye greats.

Could also rename every highway coming into Iowa City, a "Fry Way"...just kidding...

Latest posts