Name it Hayden Fry field!

teachercoach

As time passes, all should realize what an incredible accomplishment Hayden did after 20 non-W seasons. U of I Admin needs to do this while the legend is still with us!! Fry-fest underway....

As time passes, all should realize what an incredible accomplishment Hayden did after 20 non-W seasons. U of I Admin needs to do this while the legend is still with us!! Fry-fest underway....

By "it" do you mean Kinnick Stadium? If so could you please pass the Dutchie on the left hand side.

he has a practice facility named after him...what more do you want? take the stadium away from the only Heisman winner in Iowa history? False, good sir. Mr. Fry did do a lot for the program, but even he would say you are loco.

he has a practice facility named after him...what more do you want? take the stadium away from the only Heisman winner in Iowa history? False, good sir. Mr. Fry did do a lot for the program, but even he would say you are loco.

And the annual Fry Fest. Lets save the field for Ferentz! ;)

He never said anything about the stadium, he was talking about the field which isnt named after anybody.

Hayden Fry field inside historic Kinnick Stadium...makes sense but lets wait so KF has something to be named after him in 20 years

Fry Fest is fine.

1. Fry didn't win a BCS game. Forrest and Ferentz did.

2. In 20 years he tied for the Big Ten title twice and won an outright title once. KF has tied twice in 12 years. In 9 years, Ev's tied once and won two outright.

3. Fry had a losing record in bowl games. Ferentz has a winning record. Ev's was undefeated winning 2 Rose Bowls.

We all love coach Fry, that is why we celebrate him with a festival. But keep it there at least until we see how things end up with KF.

After the completion of this contract, KF will have coached at Iowa longer than Fry. Why not name the field Kirk Ferentz Field at Historic Kinnick Stadium?

After the completion of this contract, KF will have coached at Iowa longer than Fry. Why not name the field Kirk Ferentz Field at Historic Kinnick Stadium?

Because that is a stupid concept which takes away from the feeling of the stadium. Look at Sec Taylor in Des Moines. Sec Taylor Field at Principal Park?? utterly rediculous. Sec Taylor Stadium. Period? Atmosphere, attitude, ambiance, and a sense of home that you felt as a kid but not as an adult in corporate cold Principal Park.

Let Nile's legacy alone. Let Forest have his street, Nile have his Stadium, Hayden have his practice facility, and Kirk can have his National Championship and statue next to Nile's.

Because that is a stupid concept which takes away from the feeling of the stadium. Look at Sec Taylor in Des Moines. Sec Taylor Field at Principal Park?? utterly rediculous. Sec Taylor Stadium. Period? Atmosphere, attitude, ambiance, and a sense of home that you felt as a kid but not as an adult in corporate cold Principal Park.

I dont see how that is a relevant comparison at all. Ask Nebraska fans if they lost ambience and attitude when they named the field after Tom Osborne...tha answer is no

Hayden was great, but naming a field is stupid. I certainly hope we don't do that.

Are stadium is already named. Leave it at that. Naming the field inside a stadium?? I'm just shaking my head at how people can hear that and think it's not a dumb idea? Why just the stadium? Why not name a bench? a goalpost? A water cooler?

Hayden was great, but naming a field is stupid. I certainly hope we don't do that.

Are stadium is already named. Leave it at that. Naming the field inside a stadium?? I'm just shaking my head at how people can hear that and think it's not a dumb idea? Why just the stadium? Why not name a bench? a goalpost? A water cooler?

I'm with you gohawkz. No need to name the field. Kinnick, Evy, Brechler and Fry all have their memoriums. I'm sure the University will be able to find a suitable way to honor Coach Ferentz when he retires.

Let Nile's legacy alone. Let Forest have his street, Nile have his Stadium, Hayden have his practice facility, and Kirk can have his National Championship and statue next to Nile's.

This.

You see it a lot actually in college basketball. Gene Keady has his name on the court at Purdue, not the arena. Same with Coach K at Duke and I THINK Coach Thompson at Georgetown. I don't really have a problem with it and I really don't think it's stupid to do it for a great coach. Naming a bench or a goalpost or a water cooler WOULD be stupid, since I don't want my name on something people put their butts on, or something people kick balls at, or something mobile and temporary like a water cooler.

I think you should name Pavillions or Plazas after the great coaches. Fry has his festival and the practice facility. I'm guessing Ferentz will get something down the road, if he has more great seasons (and hopefully a NCG), and leaves on a good note.

Latest posts