My Hilton Experience

I've never posted here..I don't think..lol...but let's take a step back for a second. Yes we blew the game but you have to play 40 minutes and we got up 20 in 2nd half and just decided we could coast. Under no circumstances knowing that Isu is known for great comebacks should this have happened...but it did and Isu deserves credit for not giving up like we did last year.

as for the fans...both sides have idiots..both. Hilton is probably one of the top 7-8 toughest places to play in all of college bball and I envy that because their fans will them to win at times. If My Hawks were ranked in the top 5 and we were getting crushed by 20 in the 2nd half and we came back to win on basically a last second shot you better believe Hawk fans would storm the court given its our rival. If Isu had just came back from down 20 to Wisconsin-Green Bay and stormed the court then that's a problem. It's a rival fellas and we'd do the same...and I'd love every bit of it.

One of if not the most classless, insecure fan bases in America.

And we have to live amongst them.
I call that part of their fan-base Cryclones. They are the ones calling into KXNO demanding that they spend equal time on Iowa and ISU. They are the ones that boo every damn thing on the court which any more is their entire fan-base. Cryclones are the 12 year old girl who posts something on Facebook and is devastated that no one liked it. Cryclones. #cryclones

One thing to remember in all of this is that no matter how good the clowns are, they are quite known for choking themselves when it really counts in the NCAAs. Exhibit last year.

Hilton is a dump. The place should be condemned and demolished. There is nothing worse than clown fans, those thugs assault independent reporters. A complete dump!

The isu fans I know are very passionate about basketball but lack any real knowledge of the game, hence they boo everything that goes against them.

One thing to remember in all of this is that no matter how good the clowns are, they are quite known for choking themselves when it really counts in the NCAAs. Exhibit last year.

Yeah. Last year they beat us by a ton... and then in the NCAA we won 2 games and they were humiliated in the first game. With that as a measuring stick, we'll probably go farther than they do this March (again).

Surprised Hilton wasn't condemned after it flooded out in 2010.

[video]https://youtu.be/cSgH8P4gCmA[/video]

Probably still stinks like McDonald's fish sticks.

I've never posted here..I don't think..lol...but let's take a step back for a second. Yes we blew the game but you have to play 40 minutes and we got up 20 in 2nd half and just decided we could coast. Under no circumstances knowing that Isu is known for great comebacks should this have happened...but it did and Isu deserves credit for not giving up like we did last year.

as for the fans...both sides have idiots..both. Hilton is probably one of the top 7-8 toughest places to play in all of college bball and I envy that because their fans will them to win at times. If My Hawks were ranked in the top 5 and we were getting crushed by 20 in the 2nd half and we came back to win on basically a last second shot you better believe Hawk fans would storm the court given its our rival. If Isu had just came back from down 20 to Wisconsin-Green Bay and stormed the court then that's a problem. It's a rival fellas and we'd do the same...and I'd love every bit of it.

I wasn't in meltdown mode when I posted this, I'm trying to be objective. Yeah I totally agree that all fanbases have bad fans and didn't mean to make this an "All Iowa State Fans Are Terrible People" thread, but just simply didn't have a good experience. People usually like to hear how being at the game was so I shared my experience. I've been to football games this year at Iowa State, Wisconsin, Northwestern... all better than this (fan interaction, not the game result). I told the ISU fans at work the story about the woman switching seats with her husband and we all had a good laugh.

Also I don't think booing the first 20 minutes of game play is willing your team back to win. That place turned really dark when they were down by a lot...

I think we just have to realize the internal pain that fan base and university are concealing. They want to be big time and seen as big time but yet they are not. They have almost no rivalries within their conference to look forward to except Kansas in bball. We are it and they see us for whatever reason as the source of their problems.

In our fan base we beat them and it's relief to just get it over and we immediately look forward to future games. We have lots of rivals and border rivals. They have no idea what that is like because all they have is us.

Our success on the football field has also intensified their jealousy and hatred. They fired their coach, the guy a couple of years ago that was going to lead them to the next level. Well he's gone. Hoiberg loves ISU so much he leaves. We become the target of that frustration.
^ this
And as someone else put it, their "rivalry" with Kansas is exclusive to ISU. They are lucky to still be in the conference they are, thus they feel like they are big time. They are not.

Unfortunately this behavior can be found anywhere. I won't be going back to kinnick anytime soon either.

Unfortunately this behavior can be found anywhere. I won't be going back to kinnick anytime soon either.

Agreed. That is why I try to stay out of urination matches between fan bases about behavior. I will admit some hypocrisy I will occasionally dive in, but for the most part I try to stay out.

Surprised Hilton wasn't condemned after it flooded out in 2010.

[video]https://youtu.be/cSgH8P4gCmA[/video]

Probably still stinks like McDonald's fish sticks.

Talk about insert your own joke. It is literally like shooting fish in barrel.:) Haha, I know hilarious I will be at the Funny Bone all week.:p

Too bad OP had to deal with weird passive aggressive ISU woman. I've had trouble with a few Clone fans but you have to admit Iowa have our fair share.

FWIW I didn't have a problem with the court stormin. It was a great comeback for them. I do think the booing is a bit excessive at Hilton but I just laugh about it.

I thought the court storming was hilarious in a pathetic sort of way. You're supposed to be the #4 team in the country...try acting like it

What I couldn't handle was the loud booing of jok as he laid face down in pain on the court. They were booing him as though they thought he was faking it. That is beyond inexcusable and shows a horrible lack of sportsmanship and any sort of class from a fan base. It also shows an incredible lack of knowledge of anything basketball.

Yeah. Last year they beat us by a ton... and then in the NCAA we won 2 games and they were humiliated in the first game. With that as a measuring stick, we'll probably go farther than they do this March (again).

I'm pretty sure we won the 1st game (vs Davidson), then lost by 19 to Gonzaga.

Latest posts