Indiana

Group B:
OSU
PSU
Wisky
Minny
Illinois
Purdue

Competitive balance and Iowa gets games near Chicago and Indy.

Iowa and ISU took a 33 year break. It didn't take long for that to become a heated rivalry. The same would be true for Iowa and Nebraska.

Like the first game when ISU put "beat Iowa" on the front of their jersey's?

Iowa and ISU took a 33 year break. It didn't take long for that to become a heated rivalry. The same would be true for Iowa and Nebraska.

I know i'm going behind enemy lines but i thought i would share my take on this topic as a Husker fan living on the IA/NE boarder. Husker fans don't want PSU as a rival, we don't want Wisconsin as a rival, WE WANT IOWA. Plain and simple it makes sense people in Iowa don't like people in Nebraska and people in Nebraska don't like people in Iowa. I know a lot of people think Iowa doesn't have the tradition but from what i know, you guys have good tradition. You may not be considered one of the top all time programs but you are slouches and honestly if we played this year even being bias as a Husker fan i'm not sure if we would win. This game would be an instant classic for anyone who is a fan of either program. I really hope the Big10 doesn't set us up with PSU, Happy Valley is a crap hole....

YA and their fans have been known to throw bags of **** on the other teams fans/band

Once the divisions are set they will not be adjusted. So for example if the big ten adds 2 more teams ie. (syracuse and Missourri) syracuse would be placed in the east and missou in the west.

Saw this on another mesage board:

"Joe Rexrode said Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, and Michigan State are in one division.

All thats left is deciding where Ind/Pur and Ill/NU end up.

D1: UM, Neb, Iowa, MSU
D2: OSU, PSU, Wis, Min

*Rexrode is an MSU reporter/blogger, and apparently he has solid intel most of the time"

I hope this is the case. As long as we get this grouping, I could care less who the other 2 are.

I have personally held the Stanley Cup, seen the George Halas Trophy in the Raider General Offices, and have seen that fraudulent Crystal football in Heritage Hall. Having said that,

Floyd is the best trophy in the world. Hands down.

Last edited:
Iowa AD says Big Ten down to final number of divisional scenarios | GazetteOnline.com

Barta interview, doesn't sound like were getting everything we want, but doesn't sound like were going to be mad. Which makes me think Iowa/nebby same division wisc/minn division with a cross of one of them and we lose one rivalry.

who is we? what exactly is your role on the team/staff?

what Iowa wants here is a non factor. Iowa is dispensable in all of this and the reason being is that it comes down to $$. that money comes from TV sets, which this state just doesn't have. it's all about MI, tSU, PSU, and Neb. Iowa's gonna go where they all want them to go, end of story.

what Iowa wants here is a non factor. Iowa is dispensable in all of this and the reason being is that it comes down to $$. that money comes from TV sets, which this state just doesn't have. it's all about MI, tSU, PSU, and Neb. Iowa's gonna go where they all want them to go, end of story.

We as in Iowa fans on the HAwkeyenation board, which doesn't include you. So Beat it Geek!

I'm not sure it's quite as simple as that. It is definitely in the league's interest to promote equality and maintaining the success of some of the programs that have shown the ability to consistently "put it together".

Iowa FB brings in a lot of bowl revenue to the BigTen conference; and a successful Iowa FB program adds more credibility and viability to the BigTen conference as a whole - thereby increasing the number of TV sets that will tune in nationwide to watch BigTen games. I can guarantee you that more people will tune in to watch a STRONG Iowa football team play against OSU than a weakened one.

Audiences are pretty fickle, and just wait and see what happens to TV ratings IF Iowa thumps Nebraska the first few times they match up. It’s in the leagues interest to have a competitive rivalry and pump it through the roof.

Geez, am I getting worked up over nothing? Surely to God the folks at the Big 10 won't screw up a really good thing? We MUST be in the same division as Nebraska! I just can't believe they would split us up.

I hate to break it to you all, but 10 games in 70 years isn't a rivalry.

does it have the potential to become a good game, yes. but to anoint it as some great college football battle of the titans that rivals tOSU v Michigan a year before it even starts is a bit ridiculous.

Bitter Clown!

I wonder if that is why Alvarez and Bielema have been so vocal from the get go about getting the last game with NE? Alvarez does not want Wisconsin to be put in the East Division and is doing everything he can to stay in the West, whereas Barta is walking around whistling in the wind not knowing what is going on until it is too late and Iowa gets screwed? And then when Iowa gets put in the East Barta says, "I thought Iowa was going to be in the West, what happened, oh well?" Alvarez knows he doesn't want Wisconsin in the same division with OSU and Penn St....

iowa - nebraska- Mich - msu - purdue- Illinois Add Notre Dame Later (keeps them with Mich, msu, and purdue

the rest are in the east and they add rutgers or syracuse.

Its done

Latest posts