My FINAL Iowa & B1G Bowl Projections

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
IF Michigan is not in the Top 14, here is how I would list it:

ROSE: Wisconsin. What an inaugural Big Ten title game. The Badgers win 42-39 and Michigan State went Sparty in the final two minutes. Watching their two meetings this year felt like watching Rocky and Rocky II a few months apart.

BCS: Michigan: Yes, I think they will get in the final Top 14 of the BCS standings. If they do, they go to a BCS game.

CAP ONE: Nebraska. Easy pick for this bowl game.

OUTBACK: Michigan State. The Outback Bowl is never a bad consolation prize...except when you had a trip to Pasadena all but in your clutches and you lost it on a hail mary 4th down completion and a running into the punter penalty.

INSIGHT: Iowa. It's been quite a strange few weeks of bowl prognostications, mainly because of the Penn State scandal. The Hawkeyes are the safe pick here for the Insight as far as the Big Ten team is concerned, due to the strong number of Iowa fans that live in the Valley. As for Iowa's opponent? Texas or Oklahoma. I'll go with Texas, but Scott Doctherman of The Gazette suggested on twitter that the Alamo could select Baylor, leaving Oklahoma and Texas there for the Insight. If the Alamo passes on the Sooners, then it would likely be Ferentz vs Stoops.

GATOR: Ohio State. Easy pickings as the Gator Prez said last week that he wanted Ohio State vs Florida.

TEXAS: Northwestern. This may be wrong. Might be my worst pick related to what happens. But I am thinking Texas A&M is the Big 12 team here, and they will help the gate and TV sets. The sponsor of this bowl is Meineke Car Care. They are a national company. Do they really want to be associated with Penn State this year, right now? I don't think so.

TICKET CITY: Penn State. I believe the Ticket City has no choice here as PSU has more than seven wins and the remaining Big Ten bowl eligible teams do not.

LITTLE CAESAR'S: Illinois

AT LARGE POOL: Purdue

IF there is just one Big Ten team to the BCS:

ROSE: Wisconsin
CAP ONE: Michigan
OUTBACK: Nebraska
INSIGHT: Michigan State
GATOR: Ohio State
TEXAS: Iowa
TICKET CITY: Penn State
LITTLE CAESAR'S: Illinois
AT LARGE: Purdue, Northwestern

We would get rocked by Oklahoma. Ya I know we do well against any team in a bowl game, but we would have a better chance against Texas.

Noticed that Delaney @ halftime said that Penn State would be donating all bowl proceeds to some sexual abuse victim's charity. I'm not questioning their sincerity but I'm sure that they think it might also have an added benefit of raising their bowl outlook.

It would be hilarious if the Big Ten only has one BCS bid and Michigan State ends up in the Insight bowl after winning 10 games and playing for the Big Ten title. Would serve them right to slip that far down the slope. Dirty program. Not liking Dantonio anymore.

On the flip side, Iowa could possibly be getting more than it deserves with an Insight bowl invite. I prefer this scenario.

OU won't crush us. How often do we get "crushed" by anyone? OU is overrated, and they lost to Texas Tech at home. I think OU or Texas would be a good match up for us. Both would be competitive games, Coker should have his legs back under him by then and the coaches have success with bowl prep.

OU won't crush us. How often do we get "crushed" by anyone? OU is overrated, and they lost to Texas Tech at home. I think OU or Texas would be a good match up for us. Both would be competitive games, Coker should have his legs back under him by then and the coaches have success with bowl prep.

Depends upon how you define crushed.

The gum chewing and note taking on the sidelines will not allow us to lose by more than 7. It also won't allow us to win by more than 7.

Ou would be too tough to beat. You don't think stoops won't have his boys fired up to beat his old school. We don't have a lot of success against former coaches and players from Iowa. Playing Texas would give Iowa the best chance to win a bowl game. Baylor, ou would be losses. And those that think Iowa won't lose by more than 7, should look at the msu and neb games. Those were ugly blow outs, by Iowa standards.

I want to play Oklahoma. We'd get crushed but I still want to play them.

Really, when was the last time Iowa got crushed by anyone?

OU would probably win, but they wouldn't win by more than 10 unless Iowa turned the ball over a lot.

OK State deserves the shot. They have more wins against Top 10 and same number of wins against Top 25 and they are a conference Champ.

All Bama has is they lost to a better team. However, as it was at home, that is trumped by OK State losing on the road.

Basically, OK State wins on all fronts except perception and the quality of opponent to which they lost. Not enough to trump everything else.

Iowa doesn't deserve to go to a bowl like the Insight....much less play a team like OU.
sorry, but the way this team is playing can you disagree?

Insight is where the hawks fit, I'm glad we didn't fall to the Ticket City bowl! Houston fell to that spot!