My FINAL Iowa & B1G Bowl Projections

Iowa doesn't deserve to go to a bowl like the Insight....much less play a team like OU.
sorry, but the way this team is playing can you disagree?

These 'deserve' posts are tiresome.

The Bowl system, as it's been for most of the past 20 or so years, has little to nothing to do with 'deserving' teams. It's a beauty contest that's set up where teams with rapid fan bases reap the best spoils.

The Bowl system, as it's been for most of the past 20 or so years, has little to nothing to do with 'deserving' teams. It's a beauty contest that's set up where teams with rapid fan bases reap the best spoils.

Which often works in our favor, so I don't know why so many people complain.

I don't see insight passing on a possible ohio state vs texas matchup for Iowa vs texas. yeah we got snowbirds in phoenix, but they got like 15 million people in that state don't they got alot of snowbirds their too??? yeah they've been to phoenix alot for the fiesta bowl, but we just went their last year too. Their fan base isn't happy about 6-6 team, but ours isnt exactly thrilled about our 7-5 team. I think their fans are little more excited now they know they got Meyer. I just don't see they pass up on the great tv matchup of ohio state vs texas with all those factors

Completely agree- So I guess the part that I don't understand is how our fan base is deemed more rabid in December 2011 than Ohio State. Will the Insight really pick Iowa over OSU?

Yes, OSU finished on a three game losing streak but is optimistic as can be about its future. Iowa? I can only vouch for the conversations that I have had with fellow Hawk fans and there's a whole lot more apathy than I can recall since the 2007 team that lost to WMU with a bowl bid on the line.

I don't see insight passing on a possible ohio state vs texas matchup for Iowa vs texas. yeah we got snowbirds in phoenix, but they got like 15 million people in that state don't they got alot of snowbirds their too??? yeah they've been to phoenix alot for the fiesta bowl, but we just went their last year too. Their fan base isn't happy about 6-6 team, but ours isnt exactly thrilled about our 7-5 team. I think their fans are little more excited now they know they got Meyer. I just don't see they pass up on the great tv matchup of ohio state vs texas with all those factors

The Gator bowl wants Ohio State vs Florida.

Florida still in line for Gator Bowl appearance vs. Ohio State | Gator Bytes blog: University of Florida | The Palm Beach Post

I think the point is that the Insight picks before the Gator- will OSU be available for Gator to pick them.

I'd love for Iowa to head to Tempe again. I just hope we don't have to play Baylor!

Completely agree- So I guess the part that I don't understand is how our fan base is deemed more rabid in December 2011 than Ohio State. Will the Insight really pick Iowa over OSU?

Yes, OSU finished on a three game losing streak but is optimistic as can be about its future. Iowa? I can only vouch for the conversations that I have had with fellow Hawk fans and there's a whole lot more apathy than I can recall since the 2007 team that lost to WMU with a bowl bid on the line.

I've been wondering about this too...if Ohio State clearly draws better ratings than the Hawkeyes, why wouldn't the Insight take the Buckeyes? How many years are they going to have a shot at Ohio State?

I'm hearing, and hoping the Insight takes tOSU, and Gator has the choice of Iowa or PSU.

OK State deserves the shot. They have more wins against Top 10 and same number of wins against Top 25 and they are a conference Champ. All Bama has is they lost to a better team. However, as it was at home, that is trumped by OK State losing on the road.Basically, OK State wins on all fronts except perception and the quality of opponent to which they lost. Not enough to trump everything else.

I agree. good points.

as an opponent, I would take any of the SEC teams at that level, even Georgia or Arkansas, though they won't be there. And I wouldn't want to play Baylor especially.

as an opponent, I would take any of the SEC teams at that level, even Georgia or Arkansas, though they won't be there. And out of the littler 12, I wouldn't want to play Baylor especially if we could avoid them.

Latest posts