My FINAL Iowa & B1G Bowl Projections

I wonder how the final outcomes measure up to the projections of everybody for bowls and poll position from back at the beginning of the season? I'm sure that there must be a thread or two of posters making some picks. I was way off on my own "pool", but then so was most everyone else in that pool.

Jon was strong and right all along these past 3-4 weeks about Michigan getting a BCS among several other very good pieces of insight. Very surprised by Va Tech still getting a BCS bid. And contrary to what the ESPN announcers felt about the Orange Bowl, it is a very uncompelling game (but they had no choice).

Here were my one up and two up preseason projections

ONE UP

ROSE: Wisconsin
Cap One: Nebraska
Outback: Michigan
Insight: Ohio State
Gator: Iowa
Texas: Penn State
Dallas: Michigan State
Little Caesar’s: Illinois
Left to at large bowl pool: Northwestern and Purdue

TWO UP

Rose: Wisconsin
BCS: Nebraska
Cap One: Michigan
Outback: Ohio State
Insight: Penn State
Gator: Iowa
Texas: Michigan State
Dallas: Illinois
Little Caesar’s: Purdue
Left to the at large bowl pool: Northwestern

Sigh...more Miller "I told you so" posts. I am going to start pulling every of your game/player/season predictions and then bump them every time you are wrong. I may also bump them on twitter too.

Also, non-anonymous posts would be bad for business, and so, you won't ever implement it.

Sigh...more Miller "I told you so" posts. I am going to start pulling every of your game/player/season predictions and then bump them every time you are wrong. I may also bump them on twitter too.

Also, non-anonymous posts would be bad for business, and so, you won't ever implement it.

I learned a long time ago in this line of work...nobody remembers when you are right, and everyone reminds you when you are not. So if you don't remind them, unless your mother is a poster, it ain't gonna happen ;)

And as for when I am wrong, I am usually the first one to mock myself. Such as my preseason bowl picks I just posted.

I learned a long time ago in this line of work...nobody remembers when you are right, and everyone reminds you when you are not. So if you don't remind them, unless your mother is a poster, it ain't gonna happen ;)

And as for when I am wrong, I am usually the first one to mock myself. Such as my preseason bowl picks I just posted.

Fair enough. I respect your picks more than any other site/"expert," so I do appreciate you making them!

Fair enough. I respect your picks more than any other site/"expert," so I do appreciate you making them!

Making predictions is fun. I try to share the rationale that goes into them. Even then, there are more misses than hits, or have been as of late. But it's one of my favorite things to do with this job.

The best call was after Iowa beat Penn State in 2006 to go to 6-4, I said Iowa to the Outback and started taking bowl trip orders that night ;)

Wait, you didn't ask about that. nevermind ;)

(12-0 in 2010, yes)

Jon, everyone is going to remember the 12-0 way before any other correct picks you have made. It was an extreme pick that was way off. Had Iowa finished 11-1, 10-2, or even 9-3 it would not have looked so bad but Iowa finished with a thud 7-5.

Let that be a lesson to you. ;)

Latest posts