Music Thread

Another example of timeless music....sounds as good today as it did back then.
This tune was on 76's "Year of the Cat" (produced by Alan Parsons)

Another example of timeless music....sounds as good today as it did back then.
This tune was on 76's "Year of the Cat" (produced by Alan Parsons)
I posted a couple of Al Stewart songs earlier in the thread. "Time Passages" is one of my all-time favorite songs, period, and "Year of the Cat" is an iconic song. He was a seriously great singer-songwriter.

"Look What You've Done to Me" was featured in the movie Urban Cowboy.
I think several Boz songs have shown up in movies and commercials over the years.

As for Urban Cowboy, that's a good soundtrack. I'm not a big country guy, but the main track from that album is one of only two country songs on my iphone playlist.

I was never a big fan of Men at Work, and their videos were awful. However.....

Colin Hay does their three big hits acoustically and boy are they good. Check them out.

Good stuff from Colin Hay. I loved Men At Work and still listen to this day. My favorite video (where their tongue is placed firmly in cheek).

I think several Boz songs have shown up in movies and commercials over the years.

As for Urban Cowboy, that's a good soundtrack. I'm not a big country guy, but the main track from that album is one of only two country songs on my iphone playlist.

Pam: Hey, you're not doing this to make your wife jealous now, are you?

Bud: Yup!

Pam (Madolyn Smith) was also in "Funny Farm" with Chevy Chase later in the decade.

Don't worry, I don't know movies anywhere near as much as I know music. I watch them, but just don't get into them as much as others.

Pam: Hey, you're not doing this to make your wife jealous now, are you?

Bud: Yup!

Pam (Madolyn Smith) was also in "Funny Farm" with Chevy Chase later in the decade.

Don't worry, I don't know movies anywhere near as much as I know music. I watch them, but just don't get into them as much as others.

So, this clip you get the song and your line (if you wait until the end). :)

Stevie, and this wasn't a bad thing, was required br FCC law to appear on approximately every other hit single from 1975-1985. Her duets with Petty and Kenny Loggins are most famous. I like "Gold" by the late Jon Stewart. He was once in a Loving Spoonful type band, may have been that one.

EDIT: Leather and Lace with Don Henley wasn't bad either.

Last edited:
One of those that not sure to enjoy or laugh at it.

LOL, well, it's both.

Watching videos of that time period makes you realize two things:

1. The best rock/pop/folk/metal music ever made came out in the 70s.

2. The worst clothes, style and hair ever presented came out in the 70s....

70s-Prom.jpg

Stevie, and this wasn't a bad thing, was required br FCC law to appear on approximately every other hit single from 1975-1985. Her duets with Petty and Kenny Loggins are most famous. I like "Gold" by the late Jon Stewart. He was once in a Loving Spoonful type band, may have been that one.
"Gold" with Stewart (the Nicks version) is on my playlist. Great tune. Back in the day of early downloading, it took me quite awhile to find it for whatever reason. I think I had to use some kind of file-sharing software to download the mp3. Not sure why, or if it's still hard to purchase.

"Gold" with Stewart (the Nicks version) is on my playlist. Great tune. Back in the day of early downloading, it took me quite awhile to find it for whatever reason. I think I had to use some kind of file-sharing software to download the mp3. Not sure why, or if it's still hard to purchase.

Some faint, very faint similarities to Fleetwood Mac's "Rhiannon"
especially with Stevie on the pipes.

Latest posts