Music Thread

I'll toss in one more....always liked these guys. This live version is good. Jamison is bringing it.
He is credited with writing the theme song to Baywatch.
RIP

OK, I fibbed. This is the last offering I'll post tonight. They're worth a second listen.

They were part of what's known as the "2nd British Invasion" and unfortunately ran up against the likes of A Flock of Seagulls, The Human League, Def Leppard, Tears for Fears and of course the Godzilla of the era...Duran Duran.

Still, good music, different and unique. RIP John Spinks.

Can't go wrong with their first two albums. Solid and consistent.
Shout out to "Always On My Mind" and "Take Me To The Top" (Not Motley Crue's, that's a good song for a different post)
Lots of valuable collectables with those old gas pumps. A popular tavern in East Dubuque, the Club 26, displayed that stuff. There was lots of 50's and 60's memorabilia in there, Texaco signs and route 66 highway signs, stuff like that. His neighbor, Mint and Honey, was on the verge of being busted by State Marshall's when the neighbor attempted to destroy the evidence-by torching his own club. Unfortunately he destroyed the 26 and all that memorabilia and heavily damaged several others. This was in the mid nineties. It was the beginning of the end of Downtown East Dubuque as we once knew it.
Yeah, I was primarily focusing on their first two albums. I posted a link to a montage of their hits, but it didn't post the way I thought it would. I'm more into "Turn Me Loose" and "When It's Over." Both are solid works.

The band comes across a little cheesy, but objectively listening to their work, to me they're more talented than people historically think. They kind of meld a poppy sound with a good hard rock edge.

Last edited:
Not one of their better known songs, but I love this jam then ... and now. Everything you wanted to see about KISS in one song.

I always think of Iowa's offense when I hear this.

no matter what song the band leader asks them to play, they play the same song (run the same play)

Latest posts