Music Thread

100% agree with this, although Rumors (to famously quote Northside) is all thrills and no fills.
I have to go a different direction on this one.

I agree that it may have been overplayed, but Rumours IMO is one of the greatest albums ever produced. At the time, the band was going through a tremendous amount of turmoil, and that negative energy resulted in some amazing results. Stevie and Christine were at their peak as vocalists and song writers, and Buckingham's guitar work and composition genius put it all together.

The fact that the pop mainstream latched onto the album and over-commercialized it really is no fault of the band, or an indictment of the production. Taken for what it is, the album remains iconic.

I have to go a different direction on this one.

I agree that it may have been overplayed, but Rumours IMO is one of the greatest albums ever produced. At the time, the band was going through a tremendous amount of turmoil, and that negative energy resulted in some amazing results. Stevie and Christine were at their peak as vocalists and song writers, and Buckingham's guitar work and composition genius put it all together.

The fact that the pop mainstream latched onto the album and over-commercialized it really is no fault of the band, or an indictment of the production. Taken for what it is, the album remains iconic.
I probably was vague in my post.
For sure, Rumours ranks in the top 5 of albums ever. I never grow tired of listening to it.

Anyone remember this disco / beatles medley mash up\\

1.- introduccion
2.-funky town
3.-video killed radio all stars
4.-sugar (the archies)
5.-don't replay (the beatles)
6.-I'll be back "
7.-drive my car " "
8.-do you want to know a secret The beatles
9.-we can work it out " "
10.-should have known better " "
11.-nowhere man
12. you're gonna loose that girl
13.-cherry baby ?
14. braking up is hard to do
15. only the lonely
16.-yellow bikini
17.you can boogie, love disco, move the disco sound, move on your body spinning round and round,etc etc.

Their 1977 "A place in the Sun" got them into the mainstream.

The 1978 follow up "World's Away" was their best seller.

I have always enjoyed their sound. Jenkins was a masterful writer.

A two-hit wonder from the 70s, *however* he was a founding member of Spirit (I got a line on you).

Was also in Jo Jo Gunne (Run, Run, Run). As eariler stated in this thread (and much of what we now talk about was earlier stated in this thread), Joe Walsh guest stars on "Thunder Island" with a great guitar solo.

Latest posts