Music Thread

Love Donnie Iris. Do you remember a song by The Jaggerz called "The Rapper"? No, that wasn't Three Dog Night. That was Donnie on lead vocals. Great song, too. Greg Kihn was a great live act and had, for the day, some of the funniest videos on MTV.
I'll check it out. Thanks.

Edit: I found it. Yes, I am familiar with it, but hadn't heard it in years. Wouldn't have guessed that was Iris.

Last edited:
Knockin and Gimme Shelter are my two favorite Stones tunes. Just classics. This is on the list for, "must be cranked" whenever it airs. Lisa Fisher's voice? I mean, c'mon.

This brings back some memories. I had this 45. LOL.

I had it too. Joey Levine was the singer of the late 60's bubblegum group Ohio Express.

Gimme Shelter took on an even more haunting significance after the tragic Altomont concert.

The entire "Toys In The Attic" album should be in the Smithsonian. My first contribution to this thread hailed it's tremendous influence across multiple genres of music.

The real magic of songs from "The Rapper" era is the comments you hear from Vietnam veterans and how they mention those song helped them get through a rough time. When John Fogerty dies, he should be buried in Arlington for his role in helping those soldiers.

The boys from down under once bragged they never sang a ballad. This is close!
They had a couple in the Bon Scott era but, in imitable AC/DC style, they were quickly followed on their respective albums by two of the most offensive songs ever recorded. "Little Lover", off High Voltage , was immediately followed by the classic ode to veneral disease called "The Jack". If you find that offensive, you don't want to know what followed the journeyman, John Fogerty style blues song "Ride On" off Dirty Deeds. The title is "Squealer". You can do the math from there.

Last edited:
'74 Jailbreak was one of my most played 'albums'. Only 5 songs, but loved 'em. It's AC/DC as you have never heard them before. I included some live versions for variety. :) Love Bon Scott. Singing Baby, Please Don't Go dressed like that is a hoot.

And this clip will blow your mind ... yes, there's a young Bon Scott in here. Great stuff.

I wonder if they crossed paths with the Easybeats in those days. Most of you know that George Young was in that band and he produced most of his younger brother's records before Highway to Hell. But did you know that Bon Scott's first association with AC/DC was as their limo driver? And that he had to be coaxed into singing after their regular vocalist had stage fright? Things worked out well for Bon. For a while anyway.

Quite possibly the most tawdry of the early videos to make it mainstream.

Ahhh, the days of Jim Bakker/Jessica Hahn. I saw Kinison in 1990 at the Chicago Theater.

Slash/Adler, Tyler/Perry, Jon Bon Jovi/Sambora, Billy Idol.....the Troggs were proud I'm sure.

Ahhh, the days of Jim Bakker/Jessica Hahn. I saw Kinison in 1990 at the Chicago Theater.

Slash/Adler, Tyler/Perry, Jon Bon Jovi/Sambora, Billy Idol.....the Troggs were proud I'm sure.

The one who should be proud is Jessica Hahn's surgeon. Those things were art!

And rich. And don't forget Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn from the Major League movies.

Like John Belushi, Sam Kinison was notorious for hard partying and palling around with rock stars. I'm sure he knew a chord or two also.

Last edited:
Love the song (it's a remix, so not as good as the original)... but the video has some excellent pics of ZZ Top, especially the early years.

Latest posts