Music Thread

Daryl Hall was one of those artists with unique talent, but again, sorta kinda ruined it for me by AM radio playing songs to death. This is a series about him bringing in current and past talent to play various hits, but much more acoustically. Two of favorites have been posted. Lots more to choose from...worth a look.

Loved that show. Is it still cranking out new episodes? That's one drawback of cutting the cord, you don't have an "on-screen" guide, and I tend to search just for movies, not TV shows...

In my opinion Hall & Oats early period stuff that mixed R&B, singer songwriter, rock, folk influences was their most creative period.

This nine song playlist from a 1976 Old Gray Whistle Test appearance shows their mature sound at the height of this period.

Last edited:
I posted earlier in the thread why his eyes are closed during his Woodstock performance. He wasn't expecting to go on so soon, so decided to take a hit of acid. Due to performers having a hard time getting in, they moved him up.

He said he had to close his eyes so much because he was hallucinating that his guitar neck was twisting and undulating. Funny stuff.

Sort of "unsung" Bach Boys song made "famous" by virtue of being featured in a Mad Men episode where Roger Sterling and then-wife Jane dropped acid at a professor's house. And frankly, Roger with two-toned hair was disturbing!

Pet Sounds is considered by many to be one of the top 10 rock albums ever.....

Always liked this one.....

Beach Boys are overlooked almost all the time, but they have some of the best harmonizing in Rock and Roll.....
Good Vibrations and I Get Around are always nice to listen to.....

:cool:

Love Donnie Iris. Do you remember a song by The Jaggerz called "The Rapper"? No, that wasn't Three Dog Night. That was Donnie on lead vocals. Great song, too. Greg Kihn was a great live act and had, for the day, some of the funniest videos on MTV.

Latest posts