Music Thread

I'm pretty sure I heard the song, but not familiar with the band. Than again there's quite a few songs from 65 that sound similar.

I'm pretty sure I heard the song, but not familiar with the band. Than again there's quite a few songs from 65 that sound similar.

They were very popular in Texas. Had a few national hits this being one of them. They had about 15 minutes of fame on the national scene. Nuevo Laredo being another.

Couldn't find a good vid of them doing it but here is Charlie Robison's version.

Thanks.

Some of the "spin-off" was very good. A great example is ELO. I'm still hoping that they tour one more time, as I would love to see them in concert. Big, big fan. Other examples would include Boston, Styx and Rush.
You pretty much nailed the soundtrack of my junior high years. One of those bands are in the RRHOF-another just got inducted. You could make decent arguments for the other two, especially if Journey and Heart are in.

Don't get me wrong, my musical tastes would soon grow diverse. But this was pretty much the late 70's FM radio in a nutshell. You had to work a bit to discover bands like The Ramones, The Buzzcocks, etc.
The Ramones

I was too late to really see any of the 'Yes' lineups from the 70's. Graduated from high school in 81, and hadn't gone to rock concerts until 79, unless you count Beatlesmania. I had brother, 11 years my senior, that was a music major. He was into prog rock in the early 70's.

I saw them "in the round" at International Amphitheatre in Chicago in 1979. Steve Howe is an incredible guitarist. His solo on "Awaken" should be the template for aspiring guitar players to understand what makes a great guitar solo.

You pretty much nailed the soundtrack of my junior high years. One of those bands are in the RRHOF-another just got inducted. You could make decent arguments for the other two, especially if Journey and Heart are in.

Don't get me wrong, my musical tastes would soon grow diverse. But this was pretty much the late 70's FM radio in a nutshell. You had to work a bit to discover bands like The Ramones, The Buzzcocks, etc.
The Ramones
It may sound corny, but what I also miss from that era and those bands was the cover art, and, in the case of Styx, even the engraved album art. Some really cool stuff. My favorite band for cover art was Nazareth.

It may sound corny, but what I also miss from that era and those bands was the cover art, and, in the case of Styx, even the engraved album art. Some really cool stuff. My favorite band for cover art was Nazareth.
Kansas to an extent too. And I could go through a collection of albums or CD's and read liner notes for hours.

Latest posts