Music Thread

The Who had a classic performance on The Smothers Brothers Show. Keith Moon loaded the drum kit with more explosives that usual. Nobody but him knew about it. He had a piece of shrapnel in his arm and Peter Townsend suffered hearing loss in one ear after. The My Generation segment of the video starts around 3:10.....Well worth watching.....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...87693DC04128D24EC89F87693DC04128&&FORM=VRDGAR

:cool:

Before they sold out to AM radio, nobody brought it harder than these dudes. Joe Perry absolutely brings it at the 3:12 mark.

220px-Aerosmith_-_Toys_in_the_Attic.jpg

One of the five albums I'd take to a desert island.
This album has been plucked by everyone from RunDMC to Shania Twain to Guns N Roses to Nine Inch Nails. absolute classic decades ahead of his time. And the best some may be "Sweet Emotion" which was so stunning nobody bothered to imitate it.

It used to absolutely frost me when radio stations--FM radio stations, mind you--would play just the first part of that song and not the "reprise"/second part!

Still, to this very day, one of the best concerts I have ever seen. Ever.

I was too late to really see any of the 'Yes' lineups from the 70's. Graduated from high school in 81, and hadn't gone to rock concerts until 79, unless you count Beatlesmania. I had brother, 11 years my senior, that was a music major. He was into prog rock in the early 70's.

Last edited:

Latest posts