Music Thread

That incident could easily be a movie, but I've heard that surviving members of the victim's families have repeatedly kee-boshed it.

In fact, they don't even allow diving at the site anymore. Now that they've retrieved the ship's bell and that's on display at a museum in upper Michigan, the family members have requested leaving the site alone.

There's a dozen mysteries as to what happened, but one thing is for sure. They were racing to get to the calmer waters of Whitefish Bay. The waters were actually getting calmer behind them. But their radar was knocked out and communication with other ships was coming in and out and I'm sure in the heat of the moment it was a pretty stressful, and morbid, situation anyway.

A lot of people, especially Gordon Lightfoot fans, have come to hate the song itself. Personally I have no problem with it. It was right in Lightfoot's (no pun intended) wheelhouse.

It they did make a movie they would of course cast Tom Hanks to portray Captain McSorley. Would there be any other choice?

That incident could easily be a movie, but I've heard that surviving members of the victim's families have repeatedly kee-boshed it.

In fact, they don't even allow diving at the site anymore. Now that they've retrieved the ship's bell and that's on display at a museum in upper Michigan, the family members have requested leaving the site alone.

There's a dozen mysteries as to what happened, but one thing is for sure. They were racing to get to the calmer waters of Whitefish Bay. The waters were actually getting calmer behind them. But their radar was knocked out and communication with other ships was coming in and out and I'm sure in the heat of the moment it was a pretty stressful, and morbid, situation anyway.

A lot of people, especially Gordon Lightfoot fans, have come to hate the song itself. Personally I have no problem with it. It was right in Lightfoot's (no pun intended) wheelhouse.

It they did make a movie they would of course cast Tom Hanks to portray Captain McSorley. Would there be any other choice?
They could have James Cameron direct it, oh wait!

Seamus.png

I vote for this guy

I liken these guys to Ted Nugent....produced great sounds to be sure but just never quite made it mainstream.

Too bad DiNizio porked out and died at 62.

The crowd I hung around with played their stuff pretty regularly in the late 80's, than I pretty much forgot about them. Brings back memories of old friends.

Latest posts