Music Thread

My act is about to release a new video right after Xmas, I'll be sure and post it here for you guys .... but until then, I'll go ahead and post that The Raconteurs, who are probably one of the greatest active rock bands around IMO just released 2 new songs for the first time in 10 years and they are both slamming.

Saw these guys for the 2nd time (first time was 95 in Vegas) at the Adler in Davenport last night.

Their first session was their 'old' hits, then after intermission, did their Christmas/Gospel music.

What a show. Glad I got to see them again.

As promised - as well as a link to a review a national blog did on it (sounds like my mom wrote it, but really, never met them or have any ties to them what so ever). Making these are a lot of fun and I know I put myself way out there posting these and my name on this site. The nice thing is, almost every single one of you are f'ing cool enough in my book 2 be cool to me about them. Thanks for watching. Go Hawks - Happy Holidays.

http://atwoodmagazine.com/pctm-pony...KnZUAw-e-FjWZP2hG7VgvNAFZkhSSlCMnFrEJlSYBBc_A

RIP Ray Sawyer. Longtime Dr. Hook frontman passed away Monday at the age of 81. Dr. Hook was a mainstay of AM radio in the 1970's, a surprisingly dynamic live band, and a sneaky influence on modern contemporary country artists like Tim McGraw, Jason Aldean, and Thomas Rhett. Was best known for his eye patch and novelty hit "Cover of the Rolling Stone" but could also put out weepy hopeless romantic songs like "Sylvia's Mother" and "Only Sixteen" that approached Roy Orbison territory. Solid hitmaker from about 1972-1980 or so.

I've posted a few mashs up in this thread.
This is one of the best. Totally awesome.

Last edited: