MSU Story Keeps Growing - Larry Nassar's Boss Arrested

He lied about it. He told the mom and the woman that another had talked to them and had given them a number. Apparently both statements are false.

The Gov has also been lobbying the state legislature to limit awards. He was selected as he was seen as being honest and having unbiased opinions.

He also tried to make it sound that Nassar was the only problem when Nassar's boss has been charged. It is being view as being pressure.

She is also only 18 and apparently Engler may have tried to isolate the mom from the daughter.

Should never been done announced and without legal representation.
It's worse than a tire fire. They can't put it out.

There’s no good choice. If they don’t the news is bad. If they do they don’t know what she’s going to say. I bet they didn’t know she was going to say this.

I think the interim president Engler thinks he was weasel his way out of anything. He probably has spent his life doing so. But he may have met his match here. Or maybe not, as this incident doesn't seem to have blown up like I expected.

I think the interim president Engler thinks he was weasel his way out of anything. He probably has spent his life doing so. But he may have met his match here. Or maybe not, as this incident doesn't seem to have blown up like I expected.
Probably just the quiet before the storm. With the state AG investigating .... yikes .... I doubt if the MSU corruption has reached that level

Probably just the quiet before the storm. With the state AG investigating .... yikes .... I doubt if the MSU corruption has reached that level

The public outcry was pretty loud during the sentencing testimony. Not so much for this. Makes me wonder if the public has moved on. Hope not.

The public outcry was pretty loud during the sentencing testimony. Not so much for this. Makes me wonder if the public has moved on. Hope not.
Probably nationally people have moved on because Izzo, Dantonio, football, basketball aren’t in the headlines.

I’m guessing locally it’s still a big enough story.

That's about 1/2 as much as anticipated. The have supposedly under 100 million covered in insurance.

The annual revenue is projected at 1.363 million.

To put things in perspective, ISU and IOWA budget decreases were proposed between 5 mil and 19 mil.

The entire state of Iowa budget shortfall is what about 100 million?

Michigan is looking at a 2 Billion shortfall as a state in 3 years without this.

None of this addresses the pension shortfall which will snowball if the stock market tanks.

The state of Michigan is screwed.

Illinois is screwed.

New Jersey is screwed.

Gonna be interesting.

The 500 mil doesn't cover ancillary costs.

That's about 1/2 as much as anticipated. The have supposedly under 100 million covered in insurance.

To put things in perspective, ISU and IOWA budget decreases were proposed between 5 mil and 19 mil.

Michigan is looking at a 2 Billion shortfall as a state in 3 years without this.

None of this addresses the pension shortfall which will snowball if the stock market tanks.

Illinois is screwed.

New Jersey is screwed.

Gonna be interesting.

just pray it away

Illinois is screwed.

New Jersey is screwed.

Gonna be interesting.

Lots of details in this Wall Street Journal article. It's not over yet.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/michig...-of-larry-nassar-abuse-500-million-1526487015

Officials at the 50,000-student campus declined to say how they would pay for the settlement, and it isn’t clear if they have figured out how. They declined to rule out raising tuition or a state bailout, and they can’t use the university’s endowment. Michigan State’s interim President John Engler also didn’t rule out bankruptcy in testimony before the Michigan State Senate in March.

Michigan State still faces an investigation by the Michigan Attorney General’s office into its handling of complaints against Nassar, as well as investigations by the U.S. Department of Education and at least two congressional committees.

There is an Iowa legislator who opposes lifting statutes of limitations on child abuse who is afraid the Catholic Diocese will be bankrupted. Engler is basically doibg the same thing.

Latest posts