MSU Story Keeps Growing - Larry Nassar's Boss Arrested

I agree with Deace, this is going to be the story of the summer. More women will come out, more leaks will come out, more arrests will be made.

I agree with Deace, this is going to be the story of the summer. More women will come out, more leaks will come out, more arrests will be made.

Would really be a shame if the whole MSU athletic program came crashing down. Yessir, would be a real shame.

I am surprised that both Izzo and Dantonio have skirted by unscathed so far... I'm surprised their fans hadn't held Izzo especially more to the fire. He pretty much got away with just saying no-comment and keeping his mouth shut. I can't see how that'll cut it whenever it comes time to pay the piper on it. Dantonio has pretty much denied things as you'd expect but Izzo hasn't even done that...

Now Engler is being accused of interferring with investigators showing up at Admin. Also for lobbying against victim legislation.

MSU was downgraded in their credit rating which means higher borrowing costs which means more budget problems in an already troubled state.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...pulls-michigan-state-debt-outlook-to-negative

Michigan deficit
usgs_line.php

Compared to Iowa which is undergoing strong budget cuts impacting ISU and Iowa. A 6% amount over Iowa is absolutely huge in terms of budgets.
usgs_line.php

Michigan compared to the stupidist of all states. Illinois.
usgs_line.php

Take what you want from it, but state fiscal issues have an impact on universities and ultimately sports programs.

This story should be so much bigger, but it happened to women. The MSU fans I know really don't acknowledge this or even have a clue what happened. It's pretty pathetic all the stuff that has came out about how the MSU athletic department has been run by the inmates is telling. The Appling/Payne situation is the one that should be under the microscope and sadly, Payne knew what they did, got away with it, but seemingly tried to be better, but couldn't quit getting into fights with his own roommate for 3 years. Appling has zero remorse for anything and is sitting in prison. It's amazing how that one story has not sunk Izzo, it should and maybe it will be his downfall. On the other hand it took Pitino how many scandals to get fired, let's see, 1. Cheating on his wife, knocking his mistress up paying for the abirtion and getting extorted (no problem Rick bang all the chicks you want to on the side), 2. Strippers with recruits, but claiming ignorance (it's okay Rick, win games and deny strippers are around, pay McGee not to testify against you), 3. Paying recruits endorsement money to come to Louisville, but again claim ignorance (Sorry, but we can't get you out of this one, but have Dick Vitale support you on the telly). I guess this would just be the first embarrassment for Izzo?

No mention of how it impacted basketball and football.
how would the Dean of the med school grabbing two butt cheeks and saying to a med student on her request to take a twice-failed exam a third time ‘you have a fat butt and will either have to pull weeds or anything else I want you to do’ impact the basketball and football programs?

No way Stampel's higher ups didn't get complaints.
Maybe. Maybe not. I guess we’ll find out if he turns testimony on higher ups. No indication that these four women went to Stampel’s higher ups.

“HawkGold” said:
No way the culture didn't spread. No way this is only a MSU thing.
obviously on both. The culture spread because that’s what happens when human beings are given too much power. There were women in the higher-ups of this liberal administration that allowed the culture of preying.

And ... human beings are at every other institution so, yeah, it’s not just an MSU thing.

Allegedly.

Just as horrible is the MSU policy that counselors are “generally not allowed” to advise students with claims of sex violence to report their claims to Title IX or police....

How does that become policy? :mad:

This story should be so much bigger, but it happened to women. The MSU fans I know really don't acknowledge this or even have a clue what happened. It's pretty pathetic all the stuff that has came out about how the MSU athletic department has been run by the inmates is telling. The Appling/Payne situation is the one that should be under the microscope and sadly, Payne knew what they did, got away with it, but seemingly tried to be better, but couldn't quit getting into fights with his own roommate for 3 years. Appling has zero remorse for anything and is sitting in prison. It's amazing how that one story has not sunk Izzo, it should and maybe it will be his downfall. On the other hand it took Pitino how many scandals to get fired, let's see, 1. Cheating on his wife, knocking his mistress up paying for the abirtion and getting extorted (no problem Rick bang all the chicks you want to on the side), 2. Strippers with recruits, but claiming ignorance (it's okay Rick, win games and deny strippers are around, pay McGee not to testify against you), 3. Paying recruits endorsement money to come to Louisville, but again claim ignorance (Sorry, but we can't get you out of this one, but have Dick Vitale support you on the telly). I guess this would just be the first embarrassment for Izzo?

i would say the overwhelming reason MSU is working their asses off to bury the story is the $50 mil they get each year by being in the B1G.

Latest posts